WhyCarring10 Official Rules
Click link for a PDF Version of these rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by Law. This Sweepstakes is intended for play within the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the United States.
1. Sweepstakes Entry Period: The WhyCarring10 Challenge (“Sweepstakes”), sponsored by Carrington Colleges Group (“Sponsor”), begins on July 14th, 2014 at Midnight, Pacific Time and ends on August 15th, 2014 at Midnight, Pacific Time (“Entry Period”).
2. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), contestants must be following the @CarringtonEdu Twitter or Instagram account; must include the hashtags #CarringtonFlock and #whycarring10 in the description of the entry; and submit 10 seconds of video, 10 words of text, or a photo with 10 words in the caption to be considered eligible. With respect to Internet or electronic entries, Sponsor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Should multiple users of the same Twitter or Instagram account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized subscriber of said social media account at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address associated with the social media account by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States who have reached the age of 18 and who is located in the United States at the time of entry. Sweepstakes is open to currently enrolled or previously enrolled Carrington College® and Carrington College California students; current Carrington College, Carrington College California, and Carrington Colleges Group employees (excluding the Marketing department).
4. Prizes: Each weekly prize will consist of a 100 dollar VISA® gift card and one item of the contestant’s choosing from spiritstore.carrington.edu. Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Visa International Service Association does not endorse, sponsor, or support the Sweepstakes in any manner. Approximate Retail Value: 150 dollars. Prizes are non-transferable and shall not be subject to substitutions or cash redemptions except as provided in the following sentence. In the event of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners will be contacted by social media. If prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable or if entrant does not respond to message on social media within 7 days, the corresponding prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of e-mail, mailing address and/or telephone numbers of entrants. Winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and waiver/release of liability and publicity within 30 days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Sponsor to use winner’s name and entry material and/or likeness for purposes of publicity and/or advertising without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. Random Drawing: Weekly winners will be selected by a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the entry date on or about July 18th, July 25th, August 1st, August 8th, and August 15th. The random drawing shall be conducted by Sponsor or an independent judging agency of Sponsor’s choosing whose decisions regarding this Sweepstakes are final in all respects and binding upon entrants/winners. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes, and randomly award the prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to the action taken by Sponsor, should fraud, virus, bugs, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. General Rules: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her Sweepstakes entries) who tampers with the entry process. By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrant/winner agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to Release Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders and agents (“Promotional Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant/winner hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court cost. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges in all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
7. Choice of Law: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligation, the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and any and all claims arising out of or related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law provisions (whether of the State of Illinois or any other Jurisdiction) which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in the State of Illinois.
9. Winners’ List: To obtain a copy of the list of winners, please email Marketing at email@example.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Marketing, 4742 N 24th Street, Suite 360, Phoenix. AZ 85016 after 02/15/2015.
10. Sponsor: Carrington Colleges Group, 7801 Folsom Blvd., Ste. 210
Sacramento, CA 95826
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.