Complete Your Prereqs at Carrington
Are you missing prerequisite courses needed to enroll in a Carrington program or to apply to a program at another institution1? Carrington College Online and the Sacramento campus now offer general education courses to meet prerequisite needs2.
The following courses are for non-degree-seekers. Enrollment in standalone prerequisite courses is independent of any Carrington College program enrollment and will be treated separately. The tuition for prerequisite courses is not eligible for financial aid. Payment is the sole responsibility of the student and payments must be made as agreed upon in the student’s Retail Installment Contract.
Online courses are conferred from Carrington College’s Sacramento campus.
Prerequisite Courses Offered by Carrington
Science Courses Available at the Sacramento Campus
- BIO 14: Microbiology with Lab
- BIO 25: Human Anatomy and Physiology 1 with Lab
- BIO 26: Human Anatomy and Physiology 2 with Lab
- CHEM 6: Inorganic Chemistry with Lab
- CHEM 8.1: Organic and Biological Chemistry with Lab
Non-Science Courses Available Online
- CLT 100: Computer Literacy
- COL 105: Critical Thinking
- ENG 101: English Writing and Composition
- HIS 150: US Government
- HUM 200: Ethics in Contemporary Society
- HUM 250: Introduction to Humanities
- MAT 101: Principles of Mathematics
- MAT 151: College Algebra
- MAT 201: Intermediate College Algebra
- NUT 200: Principles of Nutrition
- PSY 101: Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 155: Human Development across the Lifespan 1
- SCI 210: Environmental Science
- SOC 101: Introduction to Sociology
- SPH 205: Interpersonal Communication
To view more information on these courses, including the full course descriptions and total costs, please view Carrington's Catalog.
1.Completion of the general education requirements and/or prerequisite courses at Carrington does not guarantee entry into a Carrington program. Not all Carrington College programs have prerequisites, and prerequisite courses may vary by program. If you intend to transfer Carrington courses to another institution, you must contact that institution directly to determine transferability of units. Accepting transfer credits is always up to the receiving institution
2.Prerequisite courses vary by location. Contact a location to determine which science and non-science courses are offered.
Upcoming Start Dates
|Non-Science||November 25, 2019|
|Science||December 9, 2019|
|Non-Science||January 6, 2020|
How to Enroll in a Carrington Course
The first step is to request information about our prerequisite courses using the form below. An admissions representative will reach out to you soon to discuss your options.