Would you like to work with physicians and patients and make a difference every day? Do you like the idea of being certified in one of the fastest growing occupations in the country*? If you are a compassionate, caring individual with an appetite and a drive to learn, then you should consider studying Medical Assisting at Carrington College.
Medical assistants help doctors and nurses by performing basic clinical procedures and handling a variety of admin duties that help keep offices running efficiently. They take vitals, perform injections, and draw blood, as well as point of care testing, in office surgery assisting, provide patient education, and perform administrative tasks.
Students on the Carrington College Medical Assisting program:
- Engage in vibrant discussion
- Role play
- Perform clerical/bookkeeping functions, and process insurance claims
- Conduct a variety of diagnostic tests using equipment, materials, and techniques
- Have ample opportunity for clinical practice, including an externship to hone their skills
Culminating in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree, graduates must pass a National Certification Exam to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential.
Find out more by calling an Enrollment Services Representative at 1.877.204.4718, or by visiting http://carrington.edu/degrees/medical-assisting/.
* The U.S. Bureau of Labor & Statistics (http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos164.htm) predicted that Medical Assistant jobs will grow 34% between 2008 and 2018, making it one of the fastest growing occupations in the U.S. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
For comprehensive consumer information, please visit carrington.edu/degrees/medical-assisting/
Program availability varies by location.