Join the Carrington Flock on LinkedIn
Success in life doesn’t just come from WHAT you know, but WHO you know. In the age of ‘social networking’ that old adage has never been more true. If you’re getting ready for your first health care job search as a student, or searching for your next job on the career ladder as a Carrington grad, make sure you have an engaging LinkedIn profile.
Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile lets you raise your professional profile with industry colleagues and recruiters. Joining our Carrington College Alumni Network group will also connect you with classmates, older alumni, and Carrington Career Services.
Looking for a job?
If you use it for nothing else, LinkedIn is great resource for recruiters looking for well qualified candidates. If you type ‘Medical Assistant’ in the Jobs search section of LinkedIn you’ll see more than 56,000 results!
Create a profile and try it yourself. Chances are one of those 56,000+ jobs could be a good fit! A good LinkedIn profile is an essential part of your self-marketing package; your résumé and your LinkedIn profile need to be well-organized, well thought out, and well written.
6 Tips To Create a Professional LinkedIn Profile:
- Upload a professional photo in your college scrubs or workplace uniform.
- Connect with as many relevant people as possible. A personal message reminding them where you met will improve the chances of them accepting your invite when you reach out to connect.
- Include all important information in your profile, listing key achievements and experience.
- List your skills in the Specialties section of your summary; recruiters can search by keyword.
- If you tweet for work, connect your Twitter account to your LinkedIn account. That way tweets show up in your LinkedIn newsfeed. Don’t do this if you use Twitter socially.
- Visit LinkedIn at least once a day; it really is a valuable tool to use in the search for your next job.
Need More Help?
Contact your campus Career Services department. From the day you enroll at Carrington until long after you graduate, your Career Services department is here to help you achieve your goals!