College students fork over a lot of money for their education, so why not use that student ID to save some cash?
That’s why Carrington College put together this list of discounts you can get with your student ID.
Businesses are smart. They know college students don’t have a ton of extra money to spend, but they still want your business. Check out some of our favorite offers below.
- Apple® – Save up to $200 on a new Mac® and up to $20 on a new iPad® at the Apple Store for Education. These deals are available for college students and parents buying stuff for their kid who is a student. They’re also available for college faculty and staff members.
- Dell – The Dell Advantage Loyalty Program is free to join and you can get a free Dell Venue 7 3000 Series tablet with the purchase of select PCs that cost $699 or more. Members also get an automatic 5% back in rewards on all purchases.
- Spotify® – Study better with music? Create your own student playlist with Spotify Premium for under $5 a month.
Movies & Entertainment
- AMC Theatres – Your student ID can score you reduced ticket prices at select AMC theatres on Thursdays.
- Cinemark – Save on admission with your student ID. Student discount days and times vary at participating Cinemark locations, so check with your nearest venue first.
- Harkins Theatres – Flash your student ID at Harkins Theatres for discounted admission. Specific pricing for each location is available on the Theatre Detail page.
- Regal Cinemas – Save a king’s ransom (or at least a decent %) at Regal Cinemas with your student ID. Participating locations offer discounts at different times and days, so check the one nearest you for details.
Health & Wellness
- 24 Hour Fitness – Most locations have special student prices, but it does vary from gym to gym. Check with your local location for their student pricing policy.
- CorePower Yoga – If you live in CA, OR and TX, you may find yourself close to a CorePower Yoga Studio. If so, and yoga is your thing, you can save up to 25% off classes and memberships. Discounts vary by region.
Clothing & Retail
- Ann Taylor – Love Ann Taylor? Show your student ID card for 15% off any full-priced purchase at Ann Taylor stores.
- Banana Republic – Don’t slip up & forget your student ID. Students and teachers can get 15% off full-priced purchases.
- Barnes and Noble 1 – Use your ID to uncover a variety of discounts on new/used textbooks, and textbook rentals.
- Club Monaco – Score 20% off full-price & sale merchandise in stores and online just by showing your student ID.
- Goodwill – Your local Goodwill may offer student discounts, and may even hold Student Days. But their policy varies by store. Call your closest Goodwill and ask about their student discount.
- J. Crew – Students save 15% on regularly priced merchandise at J. Crew. Only good for in-store purchases.
- Madewell – Grab a 15% discount at all Madewell stores with your student ID card.
- The Limited – The Limited offers students 15% off every purchase at any location when you show your school ID.
Other Good Stuff
- Student Advantage (SA) Card – Buy an SA card ($22.50) to save at dozens of national brands & thousands of local businesses, including a saving of 20% on Greyhound unrestricted walk-up fares or online fares.
- FedEx – Use you student ID to save yourself 30% on a document with FedEx Envelop/Pak & 20% on a package with FedEx IP service.
- General Motors – Need a car? Need a deal? College students and recent grads can get access to a special discounted price that’s below the manufacturer’s suggested retail price on eligible new Chevrolet, Buick & GMC vehicles. You can also combine that discount with other current offers to save more money.
Pretty cool, right? You might see signs when you go shopping that businesses give student discounts, but some might offer them without advertising it. Ask if there’s a student discount offered whenever you shop… it doesn’t hurt to ask!
 All offers correct at time of writing, but subject to change by retailers at any time. Eligibility for each offer varies and is determined by the individual retailer and/or franchise owner. Always check amount of student discount before purchase.