Tucson, Arizona Pharmacy Technology Program
The Tucson Pharmacy Tech program is a prescription for success
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
Always supervised by licensed Pharmacists, a Pharmacy Technician works to receive and fill prescriptions safely and accurately in a variety of retail and hospital pharmacy settings; or they may find work with pharmaceutical companies.
If you’re thinking about attending a Pharmacy Tech school in Tucson, AZ, then there are a few things we’d like to share with you about the Carrington College Tucson Pharmacy Technology certificate program:
- Our program can normally be completed in as few as nine months
- The Tucson Pharmacy Tech program concludes with a valuable clinical externship
- Students also learn the valuable administrative skills necessary for success in a modern pharmacy
Our Tucson Pharmacy Technology classes provide our students with the skills and knowledge expected of an entry-level Pharmacy Technician; the program also prepares you to sit for the national certification exam, which if successfully passed, results in the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) credential; this credential is needed for licensure.*
A dose of Pharmacy Tech reality in Tucson
Students practice dispensing prescriptions and compounding medications in a simulated pharmacy setting right here on our Tucson campus. Our specialized Pharmacy Technology curriculum incorporates pharmaceutical and medical terminology, pharmacy calculations, the abbreviations and symbols used in the charting and dispensing of medications, and an insight into the many legal and ethical guidelines involved. Once all coursework has been successfully completed, our students get a dose of the real world during an externship at a pharmacy in Tucson.
Graduates of our Tucson Pharmacy Technology college leave Carrington College with the skills and the confidence to:
- Sit for the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) credentialing exam*
- Perform all the duties expected of an entry-level Pharmacy Technician
- Receive, verify, fill, and prepare prescriptions under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist
- Maintain patient profiles & histories
Attention! Job prospects are good for Pharmacist Technicians
Thanks to advances in medicine and our aging population, job opportunities for Pharmacy Technicians are expected to be good. In fact, employment of Pharmacy Technicians is expected to increase 33% from 2010 to 2020.** The U.S. Bureau of Labor & Statistics suggests that those with previous experience, have completed formal training like our Tucson Pharmacy Technology program, or are certified, will enjoy the best employment opportunities.
Our program is enrolling soon at our Tucson campus; it culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Pharmacy Technology. Today is the day to speak to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about fulfilling your potential.
* Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.
** Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2012-13 Ed.).