Tucson, Arizona Medical Assisting Program
Tucson, AZ - Medical Assisting is a healthy career choice!
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
Medical Assisting is a growing field; in fact it is expected to be one of the fastest growing healthcare occupations of the decade.* A Certificate of Achievement from our Tucson Medical Assisting college can help you learn the skills that employers expect of an entry-level Medical Assistant.
Consider studying Medical Assisting (MA) at Carrington College in Tucson, Arizona. You’ll discover that:
- Medical Assistants help doctors by performing basic procedures and handling office administration duties
- Our Tucson MA certificate program is a mix of clinical instruction, classroom lectures, and a valuable real-world externship
- Students receive the practical, real-world training needed to be confident in their new skills
- Medical Assistants may find job opportunities in clinics, nursing homes, private practices, and hospitals
- Our Tucson campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exam to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential.**
Develop new skills on our Tucson Medical Assisting program
Medical Assistants’ duties differ depending on where they work; but graduates of our Tucson Medical Assisting college should leave Carrington College with knowledge of the usual clinical, laboratory, and administrative responsibilities that Medical Assistants have on any given workday.
The amicable, well qualified Medical Assisting instructors at our Tucson campus think of themselves more as mentors or coaches, than teachers. They help our students learn and develop their skills through an engaging mix of clinical laboratory instruction and formal classroom lectures. Once students have successfully completed their coursework, the certificate program concludes with an externship in a real world healthcare facility.
Our Tucson Medical Assisting graduates should leave us with the knowledge, confidence, and skills to:
- Carry out, and assist with, routine patient procedures and care like drawing blood or performing injections
- Perform office administration tasks such as clerical/bookkeeping functions
- Process insurance claims
- Conduct a variety of diagnostic tests using equipment, materials and techniques
Study Medical Assisting in Tucson – 31% job growth is healthy!*
As healthcare becomes more efficient, more advanced, and more technical, there will be an increasing need for a generation of talented, well trained professionals to assist physicians. That’s why the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics expects Medical Assisting to grow 31% by 2020.*
Medical Assisting classes are enrolling soon at Carrington College in Tucson, AZ, so why not discuss your future with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today?
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2012-13 Ed.).
**Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program . There are multiple certification opportunities available in the Medical Assisting field, the most recognized of which are the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.