Students in Stockton, CA, considering a career in health care need to know that the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has estimated that the number of available Medical Assistant jobs will increase 31% between 2010 and 2020. That makes Medical Assisting one of the fastest growing professions in healthcare.*
Students on our Stockton Medical Assisting program learn how to measure vital signs, sterilize medical instruments, prep patients, administer injections, and take on front office administration duties; these are the skills expected of entry-level Medical Assistants in places like physicians’ offices, clinics, and health care centers.
If you’re researching medical schools in Stockton, consider the Carrington College California Medical Assisting program:
- It culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- Students are prepared for the National Certification Exams**
- Practical training and hands-on experience can prepare you for life after medical school
- The Medical Assisting certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months
Get prepared at our Stockton Medical Assisting program
Our Stockton faculty teach students the clinical, laboratory and administration skills that employers look for when recruiting Medical Assistants. Experienced and knowledgeable in their field, our Medical Assisting instructors help students prepare for the national certification exams after graduation. These licensure exams need to be successfully completed for graduates to receive the Registered Medical (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential needed for licensure.**
Our graduates should leave our Stockton Medical Assistant program with the skills and the confidence to:
- Demonstrate their academic readiness to take the RMA or CMA credentialing exams**
- Offer their patients compassionate care
- Use an range of medical equipment, materials and techniques to complete diagnostic tests
- Perform administration functions
- Process insurance claims accurately and efficiently
- Share their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development, respect and responsibility
Medical Assisting classes enrolling soon in Stockton, CA!
Advances in technology are making the healthcare industry more efficient than ever before. A new generation of professionals is needed to enter this rapidly evolving field and play a crucial role in the delivery of compassionate care.
If you’d like to join their ranks and take your life in a new direction, we have Medical Assisting classes enrolling soon at our Stockton campus, so talk to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today.