According to ONet Online, employment of medical assistants1 is expected to grow 22% from 2012 to 2022. That makes Medical Assisting one of the fastest growing professions in healthcare.2
Students in our Stockton Medical Assisting program learn how to measure vital signs, sterilize medical instruments, prep patients, administer injections, and take on front office administration duties; these are the skills expected of entry-level Medical Assistants in places like physicians’ offices, clinics, and health care centers.
If you’re researching medical schools in Stockton, consider the Carrington College Medical Assisting program:
- It culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- Our Stockton campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exams to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.3
- Practical training and hands-on experience can prepare you for life after medical school
- The Medical Assisting certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months4
How does Carrington prepare its graduates ?
Our graduates should leave our Stockton Medical Assistant program with the skills and the confidence to:
- Offer their patients compassionate care
- Use an range of medical equipment, materials and techniques to complete diagnostic tests
- Perform administration functions
- Process insurance claims accurately and efficiently
- Share their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development, respect and responsibility
Medical Assisting classes enrolling soon in Stockton, CA!
Advances in technology are making the healthcare industry more efficient than ever before. A new generation of professionals is needed to enter this rapidly evolving field and play a crucial role in the delivery of compassionate care.
If you’d like to join their ranks and take your life in a new direction, we have Medical Assisting classes enrolling soon at our Stockton campus, so talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today.
Click here for student outcomes data, based on the most recent annual report submitted to the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).