The students on our Stockton Dental Assisting program are provided the practical training they need to help them succeed in their Dental Assisting careers. A mix of regular lab practice, classroom lectures, and a clinical externship at a real dental care facility here in Stockton enables them to hone their skills, build their confidence, and be prepared for life after dental school.
If you’re looking at Dental Assisting schools in Stockton, add Carrington College to your list of programs to consider because:
- Successful graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Dental Assisting
- Students can learn about patient preparation, charting, and office administration duties
- It includes preparation for the California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant1
- We prepare you for an x-ray license exam and coronal polish certification1
Comprehensive Dental Assisting classes in Stockton, CA
A Dental Assistant is a versatile employee with a wide range of duties in a dental practice; that’s why it makes sense to provide students at our Stockton campus with a wide-ranging Dental Assisting education.
A Dental Assistant works chair-side with a dentist, helping them to perform patient exams and dental procedures. They also provide post-op care, offer oral health information and guidance, carry out laboratory tasks, as well as performing a variety of front office functions.
Our Stockton faculty provides our students the understanding of the clinical, laboratory and administrative responsibilities of a modern Dental Assistant.
Graduates of our Stockton dental assisting program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform all expected chair-side patient duties
- Demonstrate their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Show their personal and professional development
- Demonstrate respect and responsibility to colleagues and patients
Dental Assisting is projected to grow fast Stockton! Enroll now!
Modern dental practices are becoming increasingly reliant on the versatility of trained Dental Assistants. These skilled professionals are in demand, and that demand seems to be on the rise. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of dental assistants is expected to grow 25% from 2012 to 2022; and that is much faster than the average for all occupations.2
Our Dental Assisting program will be enrolling soon at our Stockton campus, speak to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today about joining a profession that is vital to today’s dental industry.