Medical Assistants are valued, versatile members of a medical team. They help Doctors and other healthcare colleagues by performing basic patient procedures, undertaking simple diagnostic tests, and carrying out administration duties in the front office.
If you’re looking at Washington medical assistant schools then you should think about studying the Medical Assisting (MA) program at our Carrington College Spokane, WA campus because:
- The Spokane Medical Assisting certificate program can typically be completed in as few as nine months
- Graduates should have the skills to apply for positions in a variety of healthcare settings
- The program consists of three educational areas – Clinical, Administrative, and Externship – and culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Medical Assisting
- Our students are taught using a mix of clinical instruction, classroom lectures, and hands-on externship experience
- Our Spokane campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exams to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.1
Develop new Medical Assisting skills in Spokane, WA
From how to take vital signs, administer injections, or draw a blood sample; to using lab equipment to carry out simple diagnostic tests; to performing administration duties that keep front offices running smoothly; students are taught a broad range of important clinical, laboratory, and administrative skills that prospective employers expect in an entry-level Medical Assistant to have at their disposal. Our Spokane Medical Assisting graduates have the skills and the confidence to:
- Carry out routine patient procedures and care
- Perform a range of diagnostic tests using a range of equipment, materials, and techniques
- Process insurance claims
- Perform clerical and bookkeeping tasks
- Display their aptitude in critical thinking, information management, personal and professional development, communication skills, respect and responsibility
Our Spokane Medical Assisting program will be enrolling soon
Continual advances in technology are making healthcare more efficient than ever before. And as it becomes more technical, a new generation of Medical Assisting professionals will be needed to step up and play a significant role in this dynamic field.
That’s why according to ONet Online, employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 22% from 2012 to 2022; and that is much faster than the average for all occupations2 and points to a potentially bright future for graduates of our Spokane Medical Assisting certificate program. Classes will be enrolling soon, so why not talk your options through with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today?