According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Dental Assistants is forecast to grow 31 percent by 2020, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.* That really is something to smile about, because graduates of our Spokane Dental Assisting certificate program can leave with the skills to apply for Dental Assisting positions in dental offices, hospitals, and clinics.
Here are just a few of the many great reasons you should consider studying Dental Assisting classes at Carrington College in Spokane:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement in Dental Assisting
- The certificate program can typically be completed in as few as nine months
- Our Spokane Dental Assisting program covers patient prep, charting, administration duties, and office tasks
- Students get practical experience through lab and class sessions, and a clinical externship
- We prepare you to sit for the National X-Ray Certification Exam**
Learn your Dental Assisting skills here in Spokane, WA
The main focus of a Dental Assistant’s role is to work chair-side supporting Dentists as they carry out oral examinations and dental procedures. Their other duties include educating patients about oral health care, the provision of post-operative care, and performing a range of administration tasks. Our Dental Assisting certificate program can teach students the skills that potential employers expect of an entry-level Dental Assistant.
Tutored by friendly, experienced instructors, the students at our Spokane campus are taught through a combination of engaging classroom lectures, hands-on lab tuition, and practical externship experience at an oral care facility in or around Spokane. Graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform all chair-side duties expected of an entry-level Dental Assistant
- Carry out Coronal Polishes
- Take x-rays**
- Display their skills and aptitude in communication, critical thinking, and information management.
- Demonstrate your personal and professional development, as well as respect and responsibility
Our Spokane Dental Assisting program can prepare you for your future
Spokane Dental Assisting graduates leave Carrington College prepared to apply for entry level jobs in the Dental Assistant profession, one of the fastest growing occupations in the country.* Classes will be enrolling soon at our Spokane, Washington, Dental Assisting campus, so it’s time to get prepared. Discuss your options today with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.