If you count accuracy and good organizational skills among your attributes, then our San Leandro Medical Billing & Coding program may be the healthcare course for you. What’s more, if you would like to work in the medical industry just not in direct patient care, you should definitely read on to discover more about our San Leandro Medical Billing & Coding program.
So what does a Medical Billing & Coding (MBC) specialist do? They work in the field of medical records management, maintaining and updating patient records that track medical histories, lab test results, x-rays, and more; they also input the data that produces income for their medical office. Here are a few things you need to know about our San Leandro MBC program:
- It culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Billing and Coding
- We prepare students for entry-level employment by combining theory with invaluable practice
- An externship in a clinical environment in or around San Leandro can help build your skills and confidence
- Our graduates have the skills to assist in the evaluation, planning, and delivery of quality health care
2 disciplines, 1 program in San Leandro – Medical Billing & Coding
Medical codes standardize the varying reasons why patients seek medical care. Because Billing & Coding are inter-related disciplines we teach them together at San Leandro; this maximizes our students’ understanding of the complete process. A Coding specialist interprets patient treatment records to ensure that the correct code is allocated; a Billing specialist then processes the codes for payment. In some smaller medical operations the same individual may perform both functions, but in larger organizations they will likely be separate jobs.
Our San Leandro Medical Billing & Coding classes teach students how to correctly read medical records, how to code the information for submission to insurance companies, and how to use software to prepare insurance claims forms. They also learn about medical terminology, human anatomy, and the ethical, legal, and regulatory standards expected in their field.
Graduates of our San Leandro Medical Billing & Coding program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform medical coding
- Process medical insurance claims and billing
- Complete expected office administration duties
- Communicate competently and professionally with medical colleagues and patients
- Demonstrate their critical thinking and information management skills
Medical Billing & Coding classes enrolling soon in San Leandro, CA
If you want to play an important role in healthcare, but don’t want to put on a gown and gloves, talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today. We can help you prepare for a fulfilling career as a Medical Billing and Coding specialist at our San Leandro campus, but make that call today because classes are enrolling soon.