If you’re considering a career change or contemplating college after high school, you should give some serious thought to the Dental Assisting program at our San Leandro campus. Dental Assisting is growing at a much faster rate than the average for all occupations; in fact according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of dental assistants is expected to grow 25% from 2012 to 2022.*
Dental Assistants are versatile members of a dental team; they work chair-side with dentists, helping them perform dental exams and patient procedures. They also provide patients with post-op care, oral health guidance, and complete a variety of front office duties.
Our San Leandro Dental Assisting program…
- Culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Dental Assisting
- Prepares you for the state of California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant**
- Teaches patient preparation, charting, and office admin duties
- Combines practical lab experience and classroom lectures
- Includes hands-on experience with an externship at a dental care facility in or around San Leandro
- Trains you for an x-ray license and a coronal polish certificate (approved by the Dental Board of California)**
Practical Dental Assisting classes in San Leandro, CA
Dental Assisting students at our San Leandro campus are provided with the opportunity to practice the skills that will help them in their search for entry-level employment in dental offices, hospitals, or clinics. In addition to regular lab practice on campus, participation in an externship in a real world facility is a valuable experience that helps prepare our students for life after dental school.
By providing students with a supportive environment where they receive broad Dental Assistant training, the Dental Assisting faculty at our San Leandro campus give students all they assistance they can to help them succeed in their Dental Assisting careers. Successful alumnae of our San Leandro dental college have the skills and confidence to:
- Sit the Registered Dental Assistant licensure exam**
- Perform all necessary chair-side duties expected of an entry-level Dental Assistant
- Display their skills and aptitude in communication, critical thinking, and information management
- Take Radiographs (x-rays) after licensure**
- Perform Coronal Polishes after certification**
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development
- Display respect and responsibility to patients and colleagues
A tasty San Leandro Dental Assisting school!
Dental Assisting classes will be enrolling soon in San Leandro at Carrington College. So give some thought to joining one of the country’s fastest growing professions. Talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today; they’ll make sure you don’t bite off more than you can chew!