If you want a career where you can make a positive impact on peoples’ lives every day, consider studying Vocational Nursing in San Jose. If you want to assist doctors and other medical professionals in their work, and provide truly compassionate care to patients, think about becoming a Vocational Nurse.
Always supervised by a Registered Nurse, doctor or other licensed physician, a Licensed Vocational Nurse,(also known as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in some states,)is an entry-level nurse who can offer patients experiencing common, well-defined health problems the basic bedside care they need. They help patients complete simple daily tasks like eating, bathing, dressing, and assist with their personal hygiene needs.
So if you’re looking for nursing schools in San Jose, or considering different health care programs, add Carrington College California to your list of schools to consider because:
- Our program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or Associate of Science degree in Vocational Nursing
- Students are prepared for the NCLEX-PN licensure exam1
- Our San Jose nursing program is a mix of classroom lectures, laboratory practice, and clinical experience
- We prepare students for entry-level roles in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, physicians’ offices, or similar healthcare settings
- Graduates can apply for positions in environments like surgery, trauma, geriatrics, and pediatrics
Choose a San Jose Nursing school that prepares you for the NCLEX-PN1
The faculty members who teach our San Jose Nursing program are passionate about sharing their experience, knowledge and insight; they can provide you with the chance to learn the necessary skills to help you, once you gain your license*, offer patients compassionate care and support. They teach you the skills you’ll need, such as how to measure and record vital signs, how to dress wounds, give injections, and collect samples for testing.
In order to be awarded the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) credential, San Jose graduates need to sit and successfully complete the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).* Our faculty prepare their students to confidently take this exam after they graduate.
San Jose Vocational Nursing program graduates have the skills to:
- Take the NCLEX-PN exam with confidence1
- Apply the nursing process to care for their patients
- Help their medical colleagues in the provision of compassionate care
- Demonstrate their critical thinking and information management skills
Expected 22% growth – Enroll in our San Jose Vocational Nursing program soon
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of licensed practical / vocational nurses is expected to grow 25% between 2012 and 2022; and that is much faster than the average for all occupations.2 Our San Jose Vocational Nursing classes will be enrolling soon, so now is the time to make a change in your life that could also transform other lives for the better. Speak to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today about starting your nursing career in San Jose, CA.