San Jose, California Surgical Technology Program
Find your way in San Jose with our Surgical Technology program
Surgical Technologists are highly trained healthcare professionals; supervised by surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel, they assist prior to and during surgical procedures. The Surgical Technology certificate of associate degree program, available at our San Jose, CA, campus, is a combination of formal instruction, hands-on training and clinical experience.
So if you are looking for Surgical Technology schools in San Jose, consider Carrington College California because:
- Our graduates are awarded a Certificate of achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Surgical Technology
- The program mixes theory with practical surgical experience, including an invaluable externship
- The San Jose program provides students with the training and competency expected of a Surgical Technologist
- Our experienced instructors are more mentors than teachers, striving to help students pursue their professional goals
Help save lives - Earn a Surgical Technology degree in San Jose, CA
Surgical Technologists are important members of a surgery team; they may work in hospital operating rooms, delivery rooms, emergency rooms, or ambulatory care areas. Before a surgical procedure they prepare patients by readying incision sites, they help prepare the operating room with sterile equipment, and they help the surgical team put on their sterile gowns and gloves. During surgery, they hand instruments and supplies to surgeons and surgical assistants, and help prepare specimens for lab analysis.
Surgical Technologists need to be highly trained and very competent because of the environment they work in. That's why our San Jose Surgical Technology certificate and associate degree program is very comprehensive. It covers anatomy, physiology, microbiology, pharmacology, surgical procedures, instrumentation and techniques, preoperative and postoperative routines, and care of surgical patients. What's more, students have to complete 80 to 120 surgical cases prior to their graduation, making it one of the most demanding and rewarding programs we offer.
Successful graduates of the San Jose Surgical Technology program should have the skills, and knowledge to:
- Become competent, confident Surgical Technologists
- Confidently apply for entry level Surgical Technologist positions
- Demonstrate their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Exhibit personal and professional development, and always be respectful and responsible
Surgical Technology is expected to grow 25% - Clean up your resume San Jose!
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has predicted that employment of Surgical Technologists will increase 25% between 2008 and 2018, much faster than the average for all occupations.* They believe that as advances in medicine continue, the number of surgical procedures will increase.
Surgical Technology classes are enrolling soon in San Jose, so why not find out how you can clean up your resume by adding a Surgical Technology degree. Speak with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today about a growing profession where you could literally help save lives every day.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).