San Jose, California Massage Therapy Program
Learn to exceed expectations on our San Jose Massage Therapy program
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
Customer service is key in business; and that statement is particularly true in Massage Therapy because therapists
Massage Therapists are trained health care practitioners who offer their clients a healing touch through a range of manual and energetic massage techniques and body conditioning therapies. If you're researching massage schools in San Jose, pick a program that can provide you with the skills necessary to help you succeed in a profession that is growing faster than average.*
- The San Jose program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or Associate of Science degree in Massage Therapy
- The certificate program can usually be completed in as few as 9 months
- Learn techniques that include Swedish Massage, Shiatsu, Sports Massage, Pre-Natal Massage, Deep Tissue, Spa Techniques, Chair Massage, and Reflexology
- The curriculum is an exciting mix of classroom lectures and hands-on lab practice
- Apply your new skills and build your confidence at a local San Jose massage facility during an externship
Relax - Study Massage Therapy in San Jose, CA
The San Jose Massage Therapy certificate and degree program teaches students a range of massage techniques, as well as fundamental human anatomy and physiology classes. Our faculty combine classroom lectures with regular practice in a simulated massage therapy environment on campus; they also teach classes that cover the business of massage where students can learn the ethical, legal, and business elements of Massage Therapy, including the management skills you'll need if you choose to go into business for yourself someday.
Successful graduates of the San Jose Massage Therapy certificate or degree program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the National Certification Exam/MBLex**
- Utilize a variety of massage therapy techniques safely and proficiently
- Work in a chiropractor's office, day spa, medical massage therapy clinic, sports facility, health club, or resort
- Employ the right therapeutic techniques to treat specific client problems
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development
- Always exhibit respect and responsibility to clients and colleagues
Hands-on Massage Therapy classes enrolling soon in San Jose
A massage from a qualified, licensed Massage Therapy professional can do so much more than sooth aching muscles, or release tension; regular massage can help with a client's general health and well-being. Because more people are recognizing this fact, the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that the number of available Massage Therapy jobs will increase 19% by 2018; and that’s faster than the average for all occupations.*
Our Massage Therapy program will be enrolling soon in San Jose, so talk to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today about getting a practical education that can help you join the ranks of this growing profession.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
** Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.