If you live in San Jose, CA, and are considering a health care career, choosing to study the Dental Assisting program at our San Jose campus might be a good decision. A Dental Assistant works chair-side with dentists, helping them to perform patient exams and procedures; they also deliver patient post-op care, oral health guidance, and carry out lab tasks and a variety of front office duties.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of dental assistants is expected to grow 25% from 2012 to 2022, and that is much faster than the average for all occupations.1 So if you’re looking at different programs, or researching Dental Assisting schools in San Jose, CA, here are a few important things to know about our San Jose Dental Assisting program:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Dental Assisting
- Students are prepared for the California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant2
- It is a mix of traditional classroom lectures, hands-on lab experience, and a real world externship
- Students learn patient preparation, charting, and office administration duties
- Students are prepared to take the CA Dental Board approved x-ray license exam and coronal polish certification**
A 21st century Dental Assisting program in San Jose, CA
Our San Jose Dental Assisting faculty prepares their students to deal with real world situations that happen in a modern dental office. Taught in a supportive environment, a combination of classroom instruction, regular laboratory practice and a clinical externship in San Jose enables our students to build their knowledge and skills, giving them the confidence to apply for entry-level jobs in dental offices, hospitals, and clinics.
San Jose Dental Assisting program graduates should have an understanding of the clinical, laboratory and administrative responsibilities of a Dental Assistant, with the skills and the confidence to:
- Sit the California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant2
- Perform the chair-side duties expected of an entry-level Dental Assistant
- Display impressive communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Take the Radiography (x-rays) and perform Coronal Polishes exam for licensure2
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development
- Display respect and responsibility to colleagues and patients
San Jose Dental Assisting program – Fun, fast-paced and challenging
Just like the job, our Dental Assisting program can be fun, but it also moves quickly and can be demanding. But if you like the idea of a career working in a stimulating medical environment, with diverse responsibilities, and where with further study, you can find opportunities for progression, you need to speak with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.
We have Dental Assisting classes enrolling soon at our San Jose campus, so make a call that could prove to be your springboard into one of the healthcare industry’s fastest growing professions.