If you live in San Jose, CA, and are considering a health care career, choosing to study the Dental Assisting program at our San Jose campus might be a good decision. A Dental Assistant works chair-side with dentists, helping them to perform patient exams and procedures; they also deliver patient post-op care, oral health guidance, and carry out lab tasks and a variety of front office duties.
The good news for prospective students is that the number of available Dental Assisting jobs is forecast to grow 31% by 2020, and that is much faster than the average for all occupations.* So if you’re looking at different programs, or researching Dental Assisting schools in San Jose, CA, here are a few important things to know about our San Jose Dental Assisting program:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Dental Assisting
- Students are prepared for the California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant**
- It is a mix of traditional classroom lectures, hands-on lab experience, and a real world externship
- Students learn patient preparation, charting, and office administration duties
- Students are prepared to take the CA Dental Board approved x-ray license exam and coronal polish certification**
A 21st century Dental Assisting program in San Jose, CA
Our San Jose Dental Assisting faculty prepares their students to deal with real world situations that happen in a modern dental office. Taught in a supportive environment, a combination of classroom instruction, regular laboratory practice and a clinical externship in San Jose enables our students to build their knowledge and skills, giving them the confidence to apply for entry-level jobs in dental offices, hospitals, and clinics.
San Jose Dental Assisting program graduates should have an understanding of the clinical, laboratory and administrative responsibilities of a Dental Assistant, with the skills and the confidence to:
- Sit the California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant**
- Perform the chair-side duties expected of an entry-level Dental Assistant
- Display impressive communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Take the Radiography (x-rays) and perform Coronal Polishes exam for licensure**
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development
- Display respect and responsibility to colleagues and patients
San Jose Dental Assisting program – Fun, fast-paced and challenging
Just like the job, our Dental Assisting program can be fun, but it also moves quickly and can be demanding. But if you like the idea of a career working in a stimulating medical environment, with diverse responsibilities, and where with further study, you can find opportunities for progression, you need to speak with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative.
We have Dental Assisting classes enrolling soon at our San Jose campus, so make a call that could prove to be your springboard into one of the healthcare industry’s fastest growing professions.