If you think you would like to work in the medical field, but don’t have the ‘stomach’ for all that comes with direct patient care, perhaps you should consider becoming a Medical Billing & Coding (MBC) specialist. These front office professionals take responsibility for the detailed patient records that track symptoms, medical histories, and more; they also input the data that generates income and profit, which makes MBC essential in modern medical practices.
The Medical Billing & Coding program at our Sacramento campus can provide the specialized skills you need to help you enjoy a successful career in a role that requires little or no direct patient contact. So if you are looking at medical schools in Sacramento, wondering which program is right for you, here are a few things to know about the Medical Billing & Coding program at Carrington College:
- It culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Billing and Coding
- Our classes blend theory and practice so you are ready for employment in the real world
- An externship in a medical facility in Sacramento will help you build your skills and confidence
- Learn how to maintain accurate, organized, and permanent medical documents that assist the evaluation, planning, and delivery of quality health care
Double your Medical Billing & Coding skills in Sacramento
As healthcare is not an exact science, medical codes were created to bring an element of standardization to medical care. A Coding specialist makes sure that medical records are interpreted accurately, and that the right codes are used based on the services provided; a Billing specialist then takes that coded information and processes it for billing.
That makes Medical Billing & Coding inter-related disciplines, so it makes sense to teach our Sacramento students both subjects in the one program. We believe that this prepares graduates for wider employment opportunities because in smaller organizations one individual may perform both roles, while they may be separate positions in larger offices.
In addition to learning how to interpret records, code the information for submission to insurance companies, and how to use billing software, Sacramento MBC students also study human anatomy, medical terminology, and the legal, ethical, and regulatory standards of medical records management.
When they leave our Sacramento campus, our Medical Billing & Coding graduates have the skills and confidence to:
- Perform medical coding, and process medical insurance billing and claims
- Accomplish all required front office duties
- Communicate in a confident and professional manner at all times
- Demonstrate their critical thinking and information management skills
Medical Billing & Coding classes enrolling soon in Sacramento, California
To discover more about a medical career that doesn’t involve scrubs, gowns or gloves, talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about the Medical Billing and Coding program at our Sacramento campus. Classes will be enrolling soon, so making inquiries today about getting a quality healthcare education that could change your future.