Have you ever considered a career as one of the most versatile healthcare professionals in the industry, a Medical Assistant? If you’re contemplating a medical career, live in Sacramento, and are in the process of looking at medical schools and programs, we’re here to help.
Medical Assisting is one of the fastest growing professions in healthcare.* The Medical Assisting certificate and/or degree program at our Carrington College California Sacramento campus can provide you with the clinical, laboratory, and administration skills that employers are looking for. Here are a few highlights to think about:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- Our Sacramento campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exams to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.**
- Students get the practical training and hands-on experience that prepares them work in the real world
- The Sacramento Medical Assisting certificate program can usually be completed in as few as 9 months
Learn a healthy set of Medical Assisting skills in Sacramento
The Medical Assisting faculty in Sacramento teaches their students the key skills that employers expect entry-level Medical Assistants in places like physicians’ offices, clinics, and health care centers to have. Students are taught a
Graduates of our Sacramento Medical Assisting program should leave with the skills and the confidence to:
- Provide their patients with warm, compassionate care
- Use a variety of medical materials, techniques, and equipment to perform simple diagnostic tests
- Carry out clerical functions efficiently and process insurance claims accurately
- Show their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development, while showing respect and responsibility
31% projection increase in Medical Assisting jobs*!
As new technologies and new treatments emerge, and as the understanding of the human body continues to evolve, healthcare as an industry will continue to grow and become more efficient; a new generation of medical professionals is needed. In fact the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that the number of available Medical Assistant jobs will grow 31% between 2010 and 2020; that is much faster than the average for all occupations.*
Our Sacramento Medical Assisting classes will be enrolling soon, so find out how you can learn the skills required to join one of the fastest growing healthcare professions by speaking with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative.