*Formerly known as the Health Care Administration program.
The front office is the nerve center of a medical organization; Medical Administrative Assistants find themselves central to the efficiency, and quite possibly the profitability, of the medical business. The scheduling of physicians, space planning, bookkeeping; these are just a few of the many skills required to efficiently operate a medical practice.
Our Sacramento Medical Administrative Assistant program provides students with the knowledge to perform the role of an entry level Medical Administrative Assistant in a hospital, nursing home, clinic, or physician’s office. So if you’re researching Medical Administrative Assisting schools in Sacramento, you should put Carrington College on your list of colleges to think about:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in the Medical Administrative Assistant program
- The Sacramento program is a blend of classroom instruction and practical, hands-on experience
- Students participate in an externship in a real world medical facility in Sacramento
- With further experience, successful graduates may become specialists running clinical departments, or generalists running entire facilities or systems
Practical Medical Administrative Assistant classes in Sacramento, CA
The Sacramento Medical Administrative Assistant program prepares students for the real responsibilities that come with coordinating medical front office activities in the 21st century. Administrators need to deal with technological innovations, new delivery systems, and ever-changing regulations because the healthcare industry is always evolving.
The Sacramento faculty teach their students specialized administrative assisting skills that can prove very valuable; students are also taught classes that include medical billing and coding, bookkeeping, medical terminology, medical law and ethics
. and medical records management. Office management duties are also covered, including subjects such as space planning, human resources, and physician scheduling.
Successful graduates of our Medical Administrative Assistant program in Sacramento should leave us with the skills and confidence to:
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Efficiently handle the duties of an entry level starter in a medical front office
- Accurately manage all required clerical and bookkeeping duties
- Manage patient records safely and securely
- Use medical office software and automated systems
Medical Administrative Assistant course enrolling soon in Sacramento
If you’re looking for a new direction in life, or searching for a medical career that doesn’t involve direct patient care, speak with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative. We have Medical Administrative Assistant classes enrolling soon at Carrington College in Sacramento, so make a call today that could have a healthy impact on your career.