Massage does indeed bring relief to clients’ sore or stress-filled muscles, but the students in our Sacramento Massage Therapy program learn that there is so much more to massage than that. The Massage Therapy Certificate of Achievement program, available at our Sacramento campus, provides graduates with the knowledge, confidence, and hands-on skills necessary to help them achieve success in a profession that is growing faster than average.1
Researching Massage Therapy schools in Sacramento? Then add Carrington College to your list because the Massage Therapy faculty at our Sacramento campus strive to exceed your expectations, so that one day you will go on to exceed those of your clients:
- The program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Massage Therapy
- Students learn massage techniques including Shiatsu, Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Deep Tissue, Spa Techniques, Chair Massage, and Reflexology
- The program is a mix of classroom lectures and lab practice
- Hone your skills and build experience during an externship
- The certificate program can normally be completed in as few as 9 months2
Develop hands-on skills on our Sacramento Massage Therapy program
A trained Massage Therapist provides a relaxing, therapeutic touch through massage and other body conditioning treatments in clinical or spa environments. Graduates of our Sacramento Massage Therapy program have been taught an in-depth review of human anatomy and physiology, as well as a number of differing styles of massage.
To furnish students with some of the business skills they need if they ever wish to start their own practice, our Sacramento program also includes instruction on subjects related to business of massage with topics that cover marketing, accounting, and basic management skills.
Graduates of the Massage Therapy program in Sacramento should leave us with the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the National Certification Exam3
- Know which therapeutic techniques they need to use to treat specific client problems
- Perform a variety of massage techniques safely and proficiently
- Build up their own business once they have some real world experience
- Demonstrate their excellent communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Work in clinical or spa environments, such as a chiropractor’s office, day spa, medical massage therapy clinic, sports facility, health club, or resort
Loosen up Sacramento! Massage Therapy is growing!
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast the employment prospects for massage therapists will grow over the next several years as more people learn how massage therapy can positively impact their health. It is expected that employment of massage therapists will increase by 23% from 2012 to 2022.1
We have classes enrolling soon on our Sacramento Massage Therapy Certificate of Achievement program, so now is the time to talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about getting a practical, hands-on Massage Therapy education here in Sacramento, CA.