The Pharmacy Technology degree, available at our Pomona campus, can provide Pharmacy Tech students with the skills, knowledge, and experience that employers expect an entry-level Pharmacy Technician1 to have. So if you’re looking at Pharmacy Tech schools in Pomona, here are 6 key things you need to know about Carrington College:
- The Pomona program culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Pharmacy Technology2
- Practice dispensing prescriptions and compounding medications in realistic simulated pharmacy settings
- We focus on the terminology, abbreviations, and symbols commonly utilized in the industry
- Crucial training on the legal guidelines and administrative skills needed in this competitive industry
- Participate in an externship to gain real-world experience in a retail or hospital pharmacy in Pomona
- Graduates are prepared to sit the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) national certification exam3
A Pomona Pharmacy Tech program for a new generation
Because of the increasing number of pharmaceutical solutions to medical problems, a new generation of qualified Pharmacy Technicians is needed. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of pharmacy technicians and aides is expected to increase by 20% from 2012 to 2022; that’s much faster than the average for all occupations.4
Students on the Pomona Pharmacy Technology degree program are prepared for real world jobs in today’s modern pharmacological industry. They are taught pharmacy calculations, drug distribution methods and systems, relevant terminology, and the abbreviations and symbols used when prescribing, dispensing, and documenting medications.
They are also taught the chemical and physical characteristics of drugs, and how to prepare sterile dosage forms. Upon graduation, Pomona Pharmacy Tech graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Demonstrate their readiness to sit the CPhT national certification exam3
- Carry out all tasks asked of an entry-level Pharmacy Technician
- Understand the legal and ethical guidelines involved in Pharmacy Technology
- Keep accurate patient profiles & histories
- Receive and prepare patient prescriptions
Pomona Pharmacy Technology classes – A prescribed amount of reality
Our experienced, knowledgeable Pharmacy Technology faculty can only teach our students so much in the classroom; even compounding medications in a simulated pharmacy setting on campus can only take them so far. That’s why Pomona Pharmacy Tech associate degree program students are given the opportunity to build their confidence and hone their skills in a real world pharmacy setting in or around Pomona. It’s a prescription for success that we believe in.
Pharmacy Technology classes will be enrolling soon here in Pomona, CA, so speak with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today about taking your first steps into a dynamic medical profession.