Our Medical Assisting program at the Carrington College California Pomona campus offers students the opportunity to learn the clinical, laboratory and administrative skills that employers expect of an entry-level Medical Assistant. Versatile and appreciated employees, Medical Assistants carry out simple patient procedures such as preparing patients, taking blood samples, giving injections, and measuring vital signs; they also perform vital front office administration duties.
If you’re researching Pomona medical schools, you should add Carrington College California to your list of colleges to consider. Our Medical Assisting (MA) program provides students with practical knowledge and hands-on skills, combined with real-world training and experience. Here are a few key points you need to know about the MA program at our Pomona campus:
- It culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting
- The certificate program can usually be completed in as few as 9 months
- The Pomona program mixes clinical instruction, with classroom lectures, and includes a practical externship
- We prepare you for entry-level positions in doctors’ offices, out-patients’ clinics and urgent care clinics
- Our Pomona campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exam to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential.*
A Medical Assisting program to be proud of in Pomona
If you’re looking for a medical school in Pomona, then consider Carrington College California. Our experienced, knowledgeable Medical Assisting faculty takes considerable pride in providing the education students need. Graduates of the Pomona Medical Assisting program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Offer their patients considerate and compassionate care
- Complete a range of diagnostic tests using an assortment of techniques, materials, and equipment
- Carry out simple patient related procedures
- Perform clerical tasks and process insurance claims
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate your personal and professional development, while displaying respect and responsibility
Pomona Medical Assistant graduates may join a growing profession!
Medical Assisting is one of the fastest growing professions in the country, in fact the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecasted that the number of available Medical Assistant jobs will grow 31% by 2020; that is much faster than the average for all occupations.**
The Medical Assisting classes enrolling soon at our Pomona, CA, campus can help prepare you for entry level Medical Assistant roles in doctors’ offices, out-patients’ clinics and urgent care clinics. Medical Assisting may be a healthy career choice, so speak to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today about starting your healthcare career here in Pomona, CA.