If you’re looking to breathe new life into your career, perhaps you should consider studying Respiratory Care right here in Pleasant Hill, CA. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of respiratory therapists is expected to grow by 19% from 2012 to 2022; faster than the average for all occupations*.
Respiratory Care practitioners may work in places like hospitals, nursing care facilities or travel to patients’ homes. They use their considerable expertise to help patients who have difficulty breathing on their own.
- The Pleasant Hill program culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Respiratory Care
- It is a 96 week Respiratory Care program, and is a mix of formal classroom lectures, lab work, and hands-on clinical instruction
- Our program is designed to help you meet the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care standards
- Graduates are eligible to take the National Board for Respiratory Care credentialing examination including the Registered Respiratory Therapist(RRT)**
Build Respiratory Care skills in Pleasant Hill, CA
The 3 year (96 week) academic program at Pleasant Hill prepares our graduates for a career in respiratory care. Respiratory specialists apply their scientific expertise to practical clinical problems concerning the lungs and respiratory system. It is both a complicated and challenging profession that demands an advanced level of skill.
The degree program covers the anatomy and physiology of cardiac and respiratory systems, the biochemical and cellular functions of the human body, as well as the general principles of pharmacology and cardiopulmonary drugs. Students are taught patient examination, assessment, intervention and treatment planning skills, as well as the principles of emergency medicine, resuscitation equipment, tracheotomy care, and more.
Graduates of the Pleasant Hill Respiratory Care program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the RRT exam and apply for licensure**
- Perform patient exams and assessments
- Recommend therapeutic treatments for differing cardiopulmonary diseases
- Display your critical thinking and information management skills
Classes enrolling soon for our Pleasant Hill Respiratory Care degree
Respiratory Care classes will be enrolling soon at our Pleasant Hill campus, so take a breath and then dive in to a call that could change your life for the better; speak to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative today about breathing new life into your career.
Click here for outcomes data from the respiratory care program over a three-year time period, as reported in the 2013 CoARC Annual Report of Current Status.