Pleasant Hill, California Massage Therapy Program
Pleasant Hill Massage Therapy classes will be enrolling soon!
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
The Massage Therapy certificate and/or degree program at our Pleasant Hill campus doesn't just teach you how to relieve aching muscles; there is so much more to massage than that. Massage Therapy graduates can leave Carrington College California with the skills they need to help them succeed in a healthcare profession that is prospected to grow faster than average.*
A Massage Therapist is a trained professional who provides clients with a healing touch through therapeutic and remedial massage, and other body conditioning treatments. You can have opportunities to work in clinical or spa environments, such as a chiropractor's office, day spa, medical massage therapy clinic, sports facility, health club, resort and even begin to build your own business. So if you're looking for massage therapy schools around Pleasant Hill, consider Carrington College California because:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Massage Therapy
- The certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months
- You will be taught techniques that include Shiatsu, Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Pre-Natal Massage, Deep Tissue, Spa Techniques, Chair Massage, and Reflexology
- The program is a motivating blend of classroom lectures and lab practice
- You can apply your skills with real patients during an externship in a local Pleasant Hill massage facility
A Pleasant Hill Massage Therapy program to exceed expectations
Customer service is just as important in Massage Therapy as in any other business; that's why the Massage Therapy faculty at our Pleasant Hill campus strives to exceed your expectations, so that you will exceed the expectations of your clients.
The program covers a selection of massage techniques, as well as important human anatomy and physiology classes. To cater to those students who may wish to start their own business one day, our program also covers the business of massage with topics that include marketing, accounting, and basic management. Graduates of the Pleasant Hill Massage Therapy program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the National Certification Exam/MBLex**
- Safely and proficiently perform a range of massage techniques
- Use specific therapeutic techniques to treat client problem areas
- Work to develop their own business once they have built their experience
- Exhibit strong communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Display their personal and professional development with respect and responsibility
Relax Pleasant Hill! Massage Therapy jobs to grow 19% by 2018!*
A regular massage is beneficial to mind and body and because more people are realizing this, the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has forecast that employment of Massage Therapists will grow 19% by 2018; that’s faster than the average for all occupations.*
Massage Therapy classes will be enrolling soon at our Pleasant Hill campus. So if you like the idea of developing skills that could help you join a growing profession, then speak with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative about studying Massage Therapy classes in Pleasant Hill, CA.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
** Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.