Our Dental Assisting program students are fully prepared for situations they will face once they start working in dental care. The experience gained through regular laboratory practice and a clinical externship on our Pleasant Hill Dental Assisting program enables students to build their confidence and hone their skills.
If you add that level of practical experience to the skills that students can learn on the program, you can see why the Dental Assisting degree credential, earned by our Pleasant Hill graduates, may help them enjoy success in the application process for entry-level jobs in dental offices, hospitals, or clinics.
- Successful graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Dental Assisting
- We prepare students to take the California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant*
- Pleasant Hill students are taught patient preparation, charting, and office administration duties
- The program blends formal classroom lectures, practical lab experience, and real world externship training
- We prepare you for the X-ray license exam and coronal polish certification (approved by the CA Dental Board)*
A comprehensive Dental Assisting education in Pleasant Hill, CA
Working chair-side with dentists, a Dental Assistant helps conduct patient exams and procedures. They also provide post-op care, oral health advice, and carry out lab duties and a range of front office tasks. Our Pleasant Hill Dental Assisting faculty provide students with a broad dental assistant education; taught in a supportive environment, the faculty members work hard to help students successfully complete the program with an understanding of the clinical, laboratory and administrative responsibilities of a 21st century Dental Assistant.
Graduates of our Pleasant Hill dental college should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Assist dentists with all expected chair-side duties
- Take Radiographs (x-rays) and perform Coronal Polishes after licensure*
- Demonstrate their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Exhibit their personal and professional development
- Display respect and responsibility to colleagues and patients
Smile Pleasant Hill! Dental Assisting is a growing profession!
The number of available Dental Assisting jobs is forecast to grow 36% by 2018 according to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics; and that is much faster than the average for all occupations.** If you’re considering a career in health care, why not think about becoming a Dental Assistant?
Dental Assisting classes will be enrolling soon in Pleasant Hill, so start your career in one of the healthcare industry’s fastest growing professions by speaking with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative.