In as few as two years of study the Medical Laboratory Technology associate degree program, available here in west Phoenix, can teach students the skills they need to carry out the duties expected of an entry-level Medical Lab Technician.
Medical Laboratory Technicians perform a variety of tests on blood samples, and other bodily fluids; the results of which can provide diagnostic information for physicians and other healthcare providers. Working mostly in hospitals and independent labs, Medical Laboratory Technicians carry out a range of lab procedures, report the outcomes, and then assist doctors as they interpret the results to determine the correct treatment plan.
If you’re looking for lab tech schools in west Phoenix, then consider the Carrington College Phoenix Westside program because:
- More than 50% of the program is lab instruction, allowing you to put classroom theories into practice
- Typically completed in as few as 22 months, it concludes with a clinical externship in lab facility in Phoenix
Listen up Phoenix! Medical Lab Technician is a growing field
The U.S. Bureau of Labor & Statistics has predicted that employment of Clinical Laboratory workers is expected to grow 13% by 2020 as the amount of lab tests continues to increase with both population growth and the development of new types of tests.*
Our west Phoenix Medical Laboratory Technology program
The Medical Laboratory Technology associate degree program, available at our west Phoenix, AZ campus, can prepare students to perform a range of indispensable lab tests and procedures; it can also provide them with a level of knowledge that will enable them to interpret test outcomes. Once they have completed our west Phoenix Lab Tech degree, our graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Examine and analyze body fluids and cells
- Match blood types for transfusions
- Conduct lab tests that aid in the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disease
- Test for drug levels in the blood that show how a patient is responding to treatment
- Display their critical thinking aptitude and information management skills
The Carrington College Medical Laboratory Technology program at our Phoenix Westside campus is enrolling soon. The program culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Medical Laboratory Technology.** If you’re interested in a healthcare education, why not test the water by talking to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about your options?