The Carrington College Medical Assisting certificate program can help you learn the skills expected of an entry-level Medical Assistant in workplaces like hospitals, medical clinics and offices, private practices, and assisted living and nursing homes. And as Medical Assisting is forecast to be one of the fastest growing occupations over the coming years,1 it could be a healthy career choice for students considering a new direction!
Medical Assistants help physicians by carrying out simple clinical procedures such as injections or drawing blood. They also take care of a range of administration duties that help keep medical offices running proficiently. Our Phoenix Medical Assisting classes provide Carrington College students with the hands-on, practical training they need to help them succeed in a Medical Assisting career. There are a number of excellent reasons to consider a medical assistant education at Carrington College in Phoenix, AZ, but here are just 3:
- Phoenix Medical Assistant classes cover 3 educational areas: Clinical, Administrative, and Externship.
- The program is a mix of clinical instruction, classroom lectures, and practical real-world experience
- Our Phoenix campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exams to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.2
Acquire new skills on our Phoenix Medical Assisting program
Drawing blood, taking vital signs, performing lab tests, sterilizing medical instruments, giving injections, explaining procedures to patients, handling office tasks; these are just some of specific duties faced by a Medical Assistant. Our students can gain a precious understanding of the clinical, laboratory, and administrative responsibilities of a Medical Assistant through a combination of lab and classroom work, as well as valuable externship experience in a real-world medical facility.
Once you’ve successfully completed the Medical Assisting certificate at our Phoenix campus, you should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Conduct a variety of diagnostic tests using equipment, materials, and techniques
- Assist with and perform certain routine patient procedures
- Carry out clerical/bookkeeping functions, and process insurance claims
- Display your critical thinking, information management, and communication skills
- Demonstrate your aptitude for personal and professional development, and respect and responsibility
Phoenix Medical Assisting students can enjoy healthy careers
According to ONet Online, employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 22% from 2012 to 2022.3 Classes are enrolling soon at our Phoenix Medical Assisting College, so why not discuss your next steps with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative?