Our Phoenix, AZ Dental Assisting program can give students the opportunity to gain the practical experience and hands-on training they need to help them enter the field of dental assisting. The experienced faculty members who teach our Phoenix Dental Assisting program can help students learn the skills needed to apply for positions as entry-level Dental Assistants. Dental Assistants work closely with Dentists, assisting them chair-side as they perform dental procedures and examinations; they also provide post-operative care to patients, instructing them on oral health and are expected to carry out a variety of administration duties. The Dental Assisting certificate program, available here at our Phoenix campus, culminates in a Certificate of Achievement. The program should give our graduates the confidence to apply for roles in dental clinics, offices, and hospitals across metro Phoenix because:
- Phoenix students get practical experience in lab & classroom sessions, as well as a clinical externship
- They learn about patient preparation and charting, as well as administration duties and office tasks
- Our Phoenix Dental Assisting program prepares graduates to sit for the National X-ray Certification Exam*
Dental Assisting is a Growing Field
The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that Dental Assisting will continue to be one of the fastest growing occupations nationwide over the next few years. In fact, they expect that available opportunities for Dental Assistants will grow 31% by 2020.**
Searching for a Arizona Dental Assistant school?
Our experienced instructors at the Phoenix, AZ campus teach our students an understanding of the clinical, laboratory, and administrative responsibilities of a Dental Assistant. An enjoyable mix of lab tuition, classroom work, and valuable hands-on externship experience in a real-world dental health facility means that graduates of our Phoenix Dental Assistant program should leave us with the skills and the confidence to:
- Assist a dentist with all necessary chair-side duties
- Display their aptitude for critical thinking, information management, personal and professional development, communication skills, respect and responsibility
Our curriculum at the Phoenix campus includes the preparation students need to successfully pass an X-ray certification exam. Classes will be enrolling soon at our Phoenix, AZ Dental Assisting program: so now is the time to consider your future and discuss your options with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.