We know that healthcare is not an exact science, that’s why medical codes were introduced to standardize diagnoses. At the Mesquite campus, we also know that Medical Billing and Coding are mutually supporting disciplines, which is why we have combined them into one Medical Billing and Coding program.
Professionals in the Medical Billing and Coding field use their detailed skills to maintain and manage accurate patient records; they also work with the data that produces revenue for their medical office, clinic or hospital.
When you earn your Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding, you can develop the specialized skills needed to maintain accurate and organized medical documentation. This includes patient records that track data about medical history, symptoms, X-ray and laboratory tests, medications and treatments.
Take some time to explore the Medical Billing and Coding Certificate program in Mesquite, Texas:
- The program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Medical Billing and Coding
- Learn how MBC specialists play a vital role in healthcare industry without working directly with patients
- A combination of theory and practice equips graduates for entry-level Medical Billing and Coding positions
- Enhance your skills during an externship in a real world clinical environment
Study Medical Billing and Coding
Medical Billing and Coding professionals have a significant role to play in our 21st century healthcare system. In fact, employment in this field is expected to increase by 22% from 2012 through 2022, faster than the average for all occupations.1
Medical Billing & Coding – Watch your new skills add up in Mesquite
The Medical Billing and Coding program at the Carrington College Mesquite campus can provide the necessary training to help you excel in a career as a Medical Billing and Coding specialist. Our experienced, knowledgeable faculty members teach you how to accurately interpret medical records, how to document and code information for insurance companies and how to use billing and coding software to prepare insurance claims forms.
You are also taught anatomy, medical terminology, and the regulatory, legal and ethical standards expected in medical records management. Upon graduation from the Medical Billing and Coding program at the Mesquite campus, you should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Process medical insurance billing and claims
- Perform medical coding
- Communicate professionally with colleagues, patients and visitors
- Complete a variety of office and administration tasks
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking and information management
The Medical Billing and Coding program is enrolling soon at the Carrington College Mesquite campus. If you would like to work in a healthcare profession where you have minimal direct contact with patients, speak with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about earning a Medical Billing and Coding Certificate that could help enhance your future.