Becoming a Physical Therapy Technician can be a very rewarding career choice because they help people lead more active and fulfilling lives. Physical Therapy (PT) technicians may work in healthcare environments such as chiropractic offices, physical therapy clinics, or fitness facilities where they provide training, treatment, and support for people recovering from an injury, or those adapting to life after trauma or disability.
Our Mesa Physical Therapy Technology certificate can help you learn all the skills that prospective employers look for in an entry-level Physical Therapy Technician. The hands-on, real-world physical therapy training that we offer at our Mesa campus can help students on their way to successful PTT careers. Here are just a couple of reasons why you should consider our Mesa Physical Therapy Technology classes:
- Our Mesa Physical Therapy Technology certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 8 months
- The Mesa PTT program combines classroom lectures, lab exercises, and hands-on practice
- Students enjoy vitally important clinical experience during an externship in a professional healthcare setting
- We prepare our Mesa graduates to sit for the National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) exam*
Enjoy your career as a Physical Therapy Technician
Working as a Physical Therapy Technician can be a rewarding and fulfilling career whether you find a job here in Mesa, AZ or further a field; the fact that you help patients recover from trauma, illness or injury and help to improve the quality of patients’ lives can be very satisfying for those that choose this profession.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts that future medical developments should permit an increased percentage of trauma victims to survive, which should create added demand for Physical Therapy.**
Hands-on Physical Therapy Technology training in Mesa, Arizona
Students on the Carrington College Physical Therapy Technology certificate program in Mesa, AZ are not only taught a range of physical therapy skills, but they have the chance to practice them in lab exercises, and test them on real patients during an externship.
Our Mesa Physical Therapy Technology classes cover anatomy and physiology, pathologies, medical terminology, therapeutic exercises, and a variety of modality applications that utilize ultrasound, electrical stimulation, massage, therapeutic exercises, hydrotherapy, and more. Mesa PTT students have the chance to diversify their skills and broaden their opportunities by training and testing as a personal fitness trainer.
Graduates of our Mesa Physical Therapy Technology certificate program should be able to:
- Display the skills and knowledge needed to assist people through therapeutic exercises
- Set up PT equipment and guide patients on its use
- Demonstrate their critical thinking and information management skills
Classes are enrolling soon at our Mesa campus, so now is the time to discuss putting your career in motion with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.