According to ONet Online, employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 22% from 2012 to 2022.1
Medical Assistants carry out simple clinical procedures that help physicians; they give injections, measure vitals, draw blood, perform lab tests, sterilize medical instruments, explain procedures to patients, and more. They also perform a variety of office administration duties that help keep medical facilities running efficiently.
Our Las Vegas Medical Assisting classes provide students with the practical, hands-on training needed to help them succeed in a Medical Assisting career. Here are just four of the many reasons why students should consider studying Medical Assisting at Carrington College® in Las Vegas, NV:
- Our classes cover the clinical and administrative duties expected of an entry level Medical Assistant
- Students practice their acquired skills in a real-world clinical environment during an externship in Las Vegas
- The program combines clinical instruction, classroom lectures and practical experience
- Our Las Vegas campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exam to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential.2
Develop hands-on skills on our Las Vegas Medical Assisting program
Our students gain valuable knowledge of the clinical, lab and administrative responsibilities of a Medical Assistant through a combination of lab and classroom work, as well as valuable externship experience in a real world medical facility.
Once students successfully complete the Medical Assisting certificate program at our Las Vegas campus, they should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform a variety of diagnostic tests using equipment, materials and techniques
- Help with and carry out routine patient procedures
- Undertake clerical/bookkeeping functions
- Process insurance claims
- Display their critical thinking, information management, and communication skills
- Demonstrate their aptitude for personal and professional development
- Display respect and responsibility
Las Vegas Medical Assisting students are prepared for the real world
The Medical Assisting certificate program, available at our Las Vegas campus, can help students learn the skills expected of entry-level Medical Assistants. Graduates of the Medical Assisting program should be equipped to apply for positions in workplaces like medical clinics and offices, hospitals, private practices, and nursing homes.
Classes are enrolling soon at our Las Vegas Medical Assisting school, so now is the time to discuss your next steps with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.