Students of the Surgical Technology degree program at our Citrus Heights, CA, campus are provided with hands-on training and clinical experience. Both are vital components of a Surgical Technician education designed to help them succeed in a Surgical Technology career. Graduates can apply for positions in settings such as hospital operating rooms, delivery rooms, emergency rooms, and ambulatory care areas.
If you are looking for Surgical Technology training in the Sacramento metro area, consider Carrington College @ Citrus Heights because:
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Surgical Technology
- Our Citrus Heights Surgical Technology program combines theory and practical surgical experience, including an externship in a real-world surgical setting
- Our experienced faculty strive to help their students succeed and transform their lives with a new career
- Students are required to participate in 120 surgical cases prior to graduation
- Our Surgical Technology degree program includes the academic and clinical instruction necessary to perform the duties expected of a Surgical Technologist
Our Citrus Heights Surgical Technology program
Surgical Technologists need to be highly trained because they are important members of an operating room team. Supervised by surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel, they assist prior to, and during surgical procedures. Before surgery they help set up the operating room with sterile equipment, they prepare patients by readying incision sites, and help the surgical team dress in sterile gowns and gloves. During the surgery, they pass instruments and supplies to surgeons and surgical assistants, and help prepare specimens for lab analysis.
The comprehensive Surgical Technology associate degree, available at our Citrus Heights campus, covers anatomy, physiology, microbiology, pharmacology, surgical procedures, instrumentation and techniques, preoperative and postoperative routines, and care of surgical patients. Graduates of the Citrus Heights Surgical Technology program should have the skills, knowledge, and confidence to:
- Become a competent, confident Surgical Technologist
- Apply for entry-level Surgical Technologist positions in a variety of environments
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development, and also show respect and responsibility
Pay attention Citrus Heights! Surgical Technology jobs are expected to grow by 25%!
As advances in medicine continue, the number of surgical procedures will increase. according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of surgical technologists is expected to grow 30% between 2012 and 2022., much faster than the average for all occupations.*
Surgical Technology classes will be enrolling soon at our Citrus Heights campus, so if you would like to join a growing healthcare profession where you could help surgeons save lives, it’s time to find out more by talking to a Carrington College’s Enrollment Services Representative.