The Pharmacy Technology degree, available at our Citrus Heights campus, can provide the skills, confidence and knowledge that employers are looking for in an entry-level Pharmacy Technician. Graduates of Carrington College’s Pharmacy Technology degree program, available at our Citrus Heights campus, perform a range of tasks related to the compounding of medications and the charting and dispensing of prescriptions.
So if you’re looking for a Pharmacy Tech school in the Sacramento area, you should consider the Pharmacy Technology program at our Citrus Heights campus because:
- Our program culminates in an Associate of Science degree in Pharmacy Technology
- We prepare our graduates to sit the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) national certification exam1
- You can learn your new skills in a realistic simulated pharmacy setting
- Upon completion of coursework, students can participate in an externship in a real-world pharmacy
- Our students are prepared to pursue career opportunities in retail and hospital pharmacy environments
Citrus Heights Pharmacy Tech classes – We prescribe a dose of reality
Our Pharmacy Tech students get the opportunity to sample a taste of work in the real world during an externship in a pharmacy in or around Citrus Heights. We believe that practical, real world experience is a vital part of the learning process because you can only learn so much in a classroom or laboratory. That’s why it forms a key part of our curriculum at Carrington College’s
Our students learn the chemical and physical characteristics of drugs, the abbreviations and symbols used when prescribing, dispensing, and documenting medications. They are taught pharmacy calculations, terminology, and drug distribution methods and systems. At our Citrus Heights campus, our Pharmacy Technology program also focuses on administrative skills and important legal guidelines of the field; when this knowledge is combined, our graduates should leave us with the necessary skills and the confidence to:
- Demonstrate their readiness to sit the CPhT national certification exam1
- Execute all the duties expected of an entry-level Pharmacy Technician
- Prepare patient prescriptions, and keep accurate profiles & histories
- Understand the legal and ethical guidelines of Pharmacy Technology
Pharmacy Technology jobs are expected to grow 31% – Grab your chance in Citrus Heights
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of pharmacy technicians and aides is expected to increase by 20% from 2012 to 2022; that’s much faster than the average for all occupations.2 Pharmacy Techs who have completed formal training programs, such as our Citrus Heights Pharmacy Technology degree, or those with previous experience, or those who are CPhT certified, can enjoy the best employment opportunities as the industry tries to find a new generation of qualified Pharmacy Technicians.
Our Citrus Heights Pharmacy Technology classes will be enrolling soon, so why not make a call that could change your life for the better? We prescribe a call to a Carrington College’s Enrollment Services Representative.