Citrus Heights, CA Medical Billing and Coding Program
Medical Billing & Coding - Our program adds up in Citrus Heights, CA
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
Citrus Heights, CA 95621
Are you organized, accurate, with an eye for detail? Would you like to work in healthcare, just not with direct contact with patients? If you can answer yes to both questions then our Citrus Heights Medical Billing & Coding program may be for you.
Medical Billing & Coding (MBC) professionals take responsibility for inputting data that generates revenue and profit for their medical facility. They are also responsible for maintaining and updating patient records that track symptoms, medical histories, lab test results, x-rays, and more. Our Citrus Heights Medical Billing & Coding program is worth considering because:
- Our program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Billing and Coding
- We teach Medical Billing & Coding together because they are mutually supporting disciplines
- Our Citrus Heights MBC faculty prepare you for real-world positions by combining theory with practice
- You can participate in an externship in or around Citrus Heights that will allow you to build your skills and confidence in a clinical environment
Medical Billing & Coding - Together is better in Citrus Heights
Medical codes were developed to standardize the reasons why people seek medical care. A Coding specialist makes sure that the right codes, based on the medical services the patient received, are selected. A Billing specialist then processes those codes with the correct amount for billing. Because they are complementary disciplines we teach them together to maximize our students understanding of the entire process. In some smaller front offices one person may carry out both roles, but in larger organizations they will likely be separate positions.
The Medical Billing & Coding certificate and/or degree program
Medical Billing & Coding graduates should leave Carrington College California @ Citrus Heights with the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform medical coding
- Process medical insurance billing and claims
- Carry out office administration duties
- Communicate capably and efficiently with medical colleagues and patients
- Demonstrate their critical thinking abilities, and information management skills
Citrus Heights Medical Billing & Coding classes enrolling soon
The curriculum offered at our Citrus Heights campus can provide a broad base of relevant knowledge about the industry, as well as the hands-on experience needed to prepare you for an exciting new career. So make today the day that you talk to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative about joining our Citrus Heights Medical Billing & Coding program because classes are enrolling soon.