Citrus Heights, California Dental Assisting Program
36% - A number to make Dental Assisting students smile in Citrus Heights!
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
Citrus Heights, CA 95621
36% by 2018 - That's the predicted growth rate of available Dental Assisting jobs, according to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics; and that is much faster than the average for all occupations.* So if you're considering a career as a Dental Assistant, you may well have a grin on your face right about now!
Students on the Dental Assisting certificate and/or associate degree program at our Carrington College California Citrus Heights campus are taught the skills and knowledge that prospective employers in dental offices, hospitals, or clinics will expect an entry-level Dental Assistant to have. So if you're looking for a Sacramento area Dental Assisting school, you should seriously think about our Citrus Heights program because:
- Graduates earn a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Dental Assisting
- You will be taught patient preparation, charting, and office admin duties
- It is a mix of classroom lectures, practical lab experience, and hands-on training during an externship
- Our faculty can provide the necessary skills and confidence to help you enjoy your Dental Assisting career
- Citrus Heights students are prepared to sit the state of California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant**
- We also prepare you to take the X-ray examination needed to earn license and a coronal polish certificate (approved by the Dental Board of California)**
Study Dental Assisting in Citrus Heights, CA and grow
Citrus Heights Dental Assisting students soon discover that our faculty care about their personal and professional growth. They really want their students to succeed, and do everything they can to help make that happen by providing a comprehensive Dental Assisting education in a supportive environment that prepares them for work in a real world dental facility.
Dental Assistants help dentists chair-side as they carry out patient examinations and procedures. Dental Assistants are versatile employees; they provide patient post-operative care, they provide oral health advice, and carry out a range of office tasks. Graduates of our Citrus Heights dental assisting program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Help the dentist with required chair-side duties
- Take Radiographs (x-rays) after licensure**
- Perform Coronal Polishes after certification**
- Display their skills and aptitude in communication, critical thinking, and information management
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development
- Display respect and responsibility
A Citrus Heights Dental Assisting program offering real world experience
As well as extensive clinical lab work on campus, an externship in a local Citrus Heights dental care facility helps prepare our students for situations that they will face once employed. This valuable hands-on experience allows them to build their confidence and hone their skills prior to graduation.
Classes are enrolling soon at our Citrus Heights dental college, so if the idea of an education that could help you join one of the country’s fastest growing professions brings a smile to your face, talk to a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative today.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
** Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.