Boise, Idaho Medical Assisting Program
Practical Medical Assistant training in Boise, Idaho
Classes start as soon as:
Jul 29th, 2013
Our Boise Medical Assisting program can give our students the practical Medical Assisting training necessary to help them apply for entry-level positions in workplaces like hospitals, clinics, assisted living homes, and private practices. If you’re looking at Boise medical schools then you should think about studying the Carrington College Medical Assisting (MA) program at our Boise campus because:
- The Boise Medical Assisting program consists of three educational areas: Clinical, Administrative, and Externship
- Our students experience a blend of clinical instruction, classroom lectures, and a hands-on externship
- Our Boise campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exams to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.*
Medical Assistants assist physicians and healthcare colleagues by carrying out basic procedures, such as taking vitals or administering injections, and performing administration duties that keep front offices running smoothly.
Learn new skills in Boise on our Medical Assisting program
Our Boise Medical Assistant training program culminates in either a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting.
Students can learn all the clinical, laboratory, and administrative skills expected of an entry-level Medical Assistant. Our Boise MA graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Carry out routine patient procedures and care
- Perform a range of diagnostic tests using a range of equipment, materials, and techniques
- Process insurance claims
- Undertake bookkeeping and clerical tasks
- Display their aptitude in critical thinking, information management, personal and professional development, communication skills, respect and responsibility
Start a Medical Assisting career in Boise, Idaho
Healthcare is a fast-evolving field. Advances in technology are making it more efficient than ever before. As it becomes more technical, a new generation of professionals is required to step up and play a significant role in this dynamic field.
That’s why it’s forecast that employment of Medical Assistants will grow 31% from 2010 to 2020; that’s the prediction by the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics.** Our Boise Medical Assisting program will be enrolling soon, so now is the time to talk your options through with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.
* Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program. There are multiple certification opportunities available in the Medical Assisting field, the most recognized of which are the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential and the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.
**Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2012-13 Ed.).