Graduates of our Boise Dental Assisting program can leave Carrington College with the skills and confidence to look for a job in dental offices, hospitals, and clinics. As the name of the profession suggests, Dental Assistants assist Dentists chair-side as they carry out dental procedures and examinations. But they also have other duties such as providing post-operative care, educating patients in oral health care techniques, and undertaking a range of administration duties.
The Dental Assisting associate degree and/or certificate program at our Carrington College Boise, Idaho campus can teach students the skills expected of an entry-level Dental Assistant. Students receive the practical experience and hands-on training they need to help them succeed in a Dental Assisting career. Here are some great reasons to attend our Dental Assisting classes in Boise:
- Students get practical experience through lab & class sessions, and a clinical externship here in Boise
- Our Idaho Dental Assisting program covers patient preparation, charting, administration duties, and office tasks
- Our Boise Dental Assisting program prepares you to sit for the National X-Ray Certification Exam1
A Boise Dental Assistant that cares
Tutored by friendly, experienced instructors who care not only about your education but also about your well-being, the students at our Boise campus are taught through a blend of lab tuition, classroom lectures, and practical externship experience at a dental care facility here in Boise. Graduates are awarded either an Associate of Science degree or a Certificate of Achievement in Dental Assisting and should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Undertake all required chair-side duties
- Perform Coronal Polishes
- Take Radiographs (x-rays)1
- Display their skills and aptitude in communication, critical thinking, and information management,
- Demonstrate your personal and professional development, as well as respect and responsibility
Dental Assisting is growing, so be prepared Boise
Forecast to be one of the fastest growing occupations in the country in next few years, Boise Dental Assisting students are fully prepared to join the Dental Assistant profession. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of dental assistants is expected to grow 25% from 2012 to 2022.2 Classes will be enrolling soon at our Boise, Idaho campus, so if you want to prepare yourself to join a fast growing profession, discuss your options with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.