Antioch, California Massage Therapy Degree Program
Our Antioch Massage Therapy program is hands-on!
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
Our Antioch Massage Therapy program doesn't just teach students how to soothe sore muscles; it helps them build a future in a profession that is growing faster than average.* Massage therapists are trained professionals who offer a healing touch to their clients via the provision of therapeutic and remedial massage, and other body conditioning treatments.
If you’re looking at Massage Therapy schools in Antioch, CA, add Carrington College California to your list of programs to consider. Our certificate program can typically be completed in as few as 9 months and can teach you the skills you will need to apply for entry-level Massage Therapist jobs in a chiropractor's office, day spa, medical massage therapy clinic, sports facility, health club, resort or you can start to build your own practice.
- The Antioch program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Massage Therapy
- It covers a range of techniques including Shiatsu, Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Pre-Natal Massage, Deep Tissue, Spa Techniques, Chair Massage, and Reflexology
- Antioch Students enjoy a stimulating mix of classroom lectures and lab practice
- Practice your skills during an externship in a real world massage therapy environment
Develop your Massage Therapy skills in Antioch, CA
Our Antioch Massage Therapy faculty strives to exceed your expectations, so you can exceed those of your clients once you start working. The Antioch program covers a variety of massage techniques, as well as human anatomy and physiology classes. And as many Massage Therapy students hope to start their own business one day, our program also includes courses on the business of massage such as Marketing, Accounting, and Basic Management Skills.
Graduates of our Antioch Massage Therapy program should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Take the National Certification Exam/MBLex** (required for licensure)
- Perform a range of massage techniques safely and proficiently
- Use specific therapeutic techniques to treat client problem areas
- Develop their own client base and business once you’ve gained experience
- Display their communication, critical thinking, and information management skills
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development with respect and responsibility
No time to relax Antioch! Massage Therapy is growing, so make that call!
Having a regular massage can benefit your general health and well being; because that fact is being accepted by more and more people, the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has forecast that employment of Massage Therapists will grow through this decade. In fact the BLS believes that the number of available Massage Therapy jobs will increase by 19% by 2018, and that’s faster than the average for all occupations.*
Our Antioch Massage Therapy classes will be enrolling soon, so there is no time to waste! If you would like to join a growing profession where you can make a positive difference to the health and well-being of people every day, then now is the time to discuss your options with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
** Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.