Antioch, California Dental Assisting Program
Smile Antioch! Dental Assisting jobs are expected to grow by 36%*
Classes start as soon as:
Jun 17th, 2013
The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that employment of Dental Assistants will grow 36% by 2018, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.* So that really is something to smile about for Antioch students thinking about a career in Dental Assisting!
Working chair-side with Dentists, Dental Assistants provide assistance with patient exams and procedures. Valued for their versatility, Dental Assistants also offer post-operative care, they teach patients about oral health, and perform a range of office administration duties.
A combination of classroom lectures, practical lab experience, and
- Our Antioch Dental Assisting curriculum covers patient preparation, charting, and office administration tasks
- It culminates in a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree in Dental Assisting
- We prepare you for the State of California Dental Board Exam for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant**
- We also prepare you to earn an X-ray license and a coronal polish certificate (approved by the Dental Board of California)**
Study Dental Assisting in Antioch, CA
The Dental Assisting certificate and/or associate degree program at our Carrington College California Antioch campus provides students with the opportunity to learn the skills that potential employers will expect of an entry-level Dental Assistant hoping to work in a dental office, hospital, or clinic.
The students on our Antioch dental program discover that our experienced, friendly instructors care just as much about their well-being, as they do about their education. Our goal is to help every student grow personally and professionally. When they leave our Dental Assisting program, graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Assist in the Dentist with all necessary chair-side duties
- Take Radiographs (x-rays) after licensure**
- Perform Coronal Polishes after certification**
- Display their skills and aptitude in communication, critical thinking, and information management,
- Demonstrate their personal and professional development, as well as respect and responsibility
Antioch Dental Assisting classes prepare you for the real world
Students on the Dental Assisting program at our Antioch campus gain valuable hands-on experience, including an externship in a dental care facility that prepares them for situations that they may face every day once employed. Dental Assisting classes are enrolling soon at our Antioch, California campus, so if you want to be fully prepared to join one of the country’s fastest growing professions, now is the time to discuss your options with a Carrington College California Enrollment Services Representative.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
** Carrington College California prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program.