A Pharmacy Technician1 safely and accurately receives and fills prescriptions for patients, mostly in hospital and retail pharmacy setting, and always supervised by a licensed Pharmacist. Employment of Pharmacy Technicians is forecast to grow by 31 percent from 2008 to 2018; that’s much faster than the average for all occupations.2
And while there are no guarantees of success in life, it is certainly a career worth considering if you are thinking about a future in healthcare. Our Albuquerque Pharmacy Technology classes can give you the opportunity to gain the knowledge expected of an entry-level Pharmacy Technician by providing the hands-on training you need to help you succeed in your career.
Here are a few key things you need to know about our Albuquerque Pharmacy Technology program if you’re looking at Pharmacy Tech schools in New Mexico:
- The Albuquerque program culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Pharmacy Technology
- The program can usually be completed in as few as nine months3
- Students on our Pharmacy Tech program practice compounding medications and dispensing prescriptions in a unique mock pharmacy setting
- Experience working in a real-world pharmacy during a clinical externship
- We prepare you for the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) national certification exam4
Our Albuquerque Pharmacy Tech program includes a measure of reality
Our students are taught pharmacy calculations, medical, and pharmaceutical terminology, as well as the abbreviations and symbols used when prescribing, dispensing, and documenting medications. You will also learn drug distribution methods and systems, the chemical and physical characteristics of drugs, and how to prepare sterile dosage forms. And in order to prepare you for a job in a real-world environment with genuine patients, you will get the opportunity to test your skills in an externship once you have completed your coursework.
Albuquerque Pharmacy Tech graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Display their academic readiness to sit for the CPhT national certification exam**
- Receive, verify, fill, and prepare prescriptions
- Maintain patient profiles & histories
- Perform all the tasks that employers expect of entry-level Pharmacy Technicians
- Understand the legal and ethical guidelines involved in the field
Albuquerque Pharmacy Technology Classes – Take the opportunity
Due to the rapid evolution of the healthcare industry, and the continuing growth of pharmaceutical solutions to medical conditions, there is a growing demand for a new generation of qualified Pharmacy Technicians. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of pharmacy technicians and aides is expected to increase by 20% from 2012 to 2022; that’s much faster than the average for all occupations.2 Pharmacy Techs with previous experience, or those who have completed formal training like our Albuquerque Pharmacy Technology program, or those who are CPhT certified, can enjoy better employment opportunities.
Our Albuquerque Pharmacy Technology classes will be enrolling soon; isn’t it time you spoke to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about taking an opportunity that could change your life?