Students on our Albuquerque Medical Billing & Coding (MBC) certificate program must be organized and have an eye for detail because as professionals they will use their new skills to update and manage important patient records and data. Medical Billing & Coding professionals are also responsible for working with the patient data that generates revenue for the medical office or hospital, which makes them valued members of the front office team.
If you are looking for Medical Billing and Coding schools in New Mexico, then consider the MBC program at our Carrington College Albuquerque campus because:
- It culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Medical Billing and Coding
- Our program combines theory and practice to prepare students for entry-level Medical Billing & Coding roles
- An externship in a clinical environment in Albuquerque will allow you to build your confidence
- You can gain the training you need to help you excel in a career as a Medical Billing & Coding specialist
- If you are interested in working in healthcare, but not directly with patients, this may be the career for you
Your skills add up on our Billing & Coding program in Albuquerque
Our experienced Medical Billing & Coding faculty teaches our Albuquerque students to interpret medical records accurately, and to document and code the information for submission to insurance companies. Students learn how to utilize software to prepare health insurance claims forms. They also learn about human anatomy, medical terminology, and the legal, ethical, and regulatory standards of medical records management. Mastering these skills could be vital to your success as a Medical Billing & Coding specialist.
Graduates of the Albuquerque Medical Billing & Coding program at Carrington College should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform medical coding
- Process medical insurance billing and claims
- Perform office tasks
- Communicate with colleagues, patients, and visitors in a professional manner
- Display their proficiency in critical thinking and information management
Medical Billing & Coding in Albuquerque – Classes enrolling soon
Medical Billing & Coding specialists play an important role in today’s evolving healthcare industry because they are responsible for the records that track medical histories, patients’ symptoms, X-rays, laboratory tests, and more; they also input the billing data that generates revenue and profit for their medical office or hospital.
Albuquerque Medical Billing & Coding classes will be enrolling soon at Carrington College; so to join a healthcare profession where you don’t work directly with patients, talk to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about a Medical Billing & Coding education that could change your future for the better.