A Medical Assistant is a versatile and valued healthcare employee; they help busy doctors and healthcare colleagues by performing basic procedures, such as drawing blood, measuring vital signs, or administering injections. They also carry out administration duties that keep front offices running efficiently in our Albuquerque medical facilities.
Our Albuquerque Medical Assisting college can provide our students with the hands-on training they need to help them submit successful applications for entry-level positions in hospitals, clinics, assisted living homes, and private practices. If you’re thinking about attending an Albuquerque medical assistant school, then you should think about studying the Carrington College Medical Assisting (MA) program at our Albuquerque campus because:
- The program, typically completed in as few as nine months, culminates in a Certificate of Achievement in Medical Assisting
- The Albuquerque Medical Assisting program consists of three educational areas: Clinical, Administrative, and Externship
- Our students experience a blend of clinical instruction, classroom lectures, and a hands-on externship
- Our Albuquerque campus Medical Assisting program prepares students to sit for the national certification exam to attain the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential.*
Develop your skills on our Albuquerque Medical Assisting program
Our friendly, knowledgeable and experienced Medical Assisting faculty teaches our students the clinical, laboratory and administrative skills that employers will expect of an entry-level Medical Assistant. Our Albuquerque Medical Assisting graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform routine patient procedures
- Offer compassionate care to patients
- Perform a range of diagnostic tests using a variety of equipment, materials, and techniques
- Undertake bookkeeping and clerical tasks
- Process insurance claims
- Display their skills and aptitude in communication, critical thinking, and information management,
- Demonstrate your personal and professional development, as well as respect and responsibility
Start your Medical Assistant career in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Continuing advances in technology are making the medical industry more efficient than ever before. And as it becomes increasingly technical, a new generation of medical professionals will be required to play a significant role in this dynamic, evolving field.
That’s one of the reasons why the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecast that employment of Medical Assistants will grow 34 percent from 2008 to 2018; that is much faster than the average for all occupations** and points to potential opportunities for Medical Assisting graduates. Our Medical Assisting classes are enrolling soon, so now may be the time to talk with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative about getting your Medical Assistant career started in Albuquerque, New Mexico.