Coached by knowledgeable, experienced, and friendly instructors, the students on our Dental Assisting certificate program in Albuquerque, NM soon discover that we care just as much about their well-being, as we do about their education. We want to help each of our students grow as individuals, personally and professionally, and leave us with a smile on their face.
The Dental Assisting certificate program at our Carrington College Albuquerque, New Mexico campus teaches students the knowledge and skills expected of an entry-level Dental Assistant; we work to give them the practical experience, hands-on training, and confidence they need to help them succeed in their Dental Assisting careers.
Here are a few good reasons to attend our Dental Assisting classes in Albuquerque:
- Students get practical experience through lab & class sessions, and a clinical externship
- Our Albuquerque Dental Assisting program prepares graduates to sit for the National X-ray Certification Exam*
- Our Dental Assisting program covers patient preparation, charting, administration duties, and office tasks
- Graduates are awarded a Certificate of Achievement in Dental Assisting
- Graduate with the skills and confidence to apply for jobs in dental offices, hospitals, and clinics
Study Dental Assisting at Carrington College in Albuquerque, NM
Working chair-side, Dental Assistants help Dentists as they perform patient examinations and procedures. Dental Assistants are versatile employees; they also provide post-operative care, coach patients about oral health tips and techniques, and undertake a range of office administration duties.
As one of the fastest growing occupations in the country in next few years**, we want our graduates to be fully prepared to join the Dental Assistant profession. Students at our Albuquerque campus learn their skills through a combination of classroom lectures, lab tuition, and hands-on externship experience at a local dental care facility. When they leave our Albuquerque Dental Assisting College, graduates should have the skills and the confidence to:
- Perform all necessary chair-side duties requested by the Dentist
- Take Radiographs (X-rays)*
- Perform Coronal Polishes
- Display their skills and aptitude in communication, critical thinking, and information management,
- Demonstrate your personal and professional development, as well as respect and responsibility
Dental Assisting is on the rise Albuquerque, so be prepared
According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Dental Assistants is expected to grow 31% by 2020, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.** Dental Assisting classes are enrolling soon at our Albuquerque, New Mexico campus, so if you want to be prepared to join one of the country’s fastest growing professions, now is the time to discuss your options with a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative.