Invest in some new devices to save money during college
Whether you're looking at online college degrees or thinking of enrolling at a traditional four-year university, you'll want to save every penny you can while you complete your studies. Here are a few money-saving gadgets that could be worth their weight in gold in the long run:
• Cellphone tracker: Ever lost a cellphone? If so, you know how costly it can be to replace it, and that's not even taking the inconvenience into account. Investing in a cellphone tracker can be a smart purchase for college students. These nifty devices are often available as key fobs and vibrate, sound an alarm and even flash if you walk away from your phone. Don't take a chance - make sure your phone is always at your side with one of these handy gadgets (except when you're in class).
• Water bottle with filter: Depending on the brand, a simple bottle of water can cost upward of $2 a pop. Staying hydrated has been linked to improved cognitive function, so imagine how much this will add up to over the course of the school year. Why waste money buying bottles of water when you can add simple tap water to a filtered bottle and have exactly the same thing at a fraction of the cost?
• Space heater: Whether you're living in a dorm or your own apartment, before long the temperature will drop and winter will be upon you. Rather than sitting there shivering - which might make it considerably harder to type that term paper - invest in a small space heater. These portable devices are a lifesaver in the winter, and most dorms permit their use.
• Coffee machine: If you're burning the candle at both ends for a midterm, chances are you'll resort to caffeine to stay awake, at least for a little while. Just as a filtered water bottle can save you money, so too can a coffee machine. If you're partial to the fancy coffees they sell at Starbucks, a reasonably priced coffee machine could save you a ton of money in the long run.
• High-efficiency power supply: These days, students are carrying more electronics than ever before. To keep everything supplied with enough juice to last through the day without breaking the bank, invest in a high-efficiency power supply. Not only will this help you lower your energy bills, they're also great for the environment.