16% growth from 2014-2024
(Much faster than average growth)1
State, Local and Private Hospitals,
Residential Care Facilities,
About 2 Years 2
1. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2016-17 Ed.)
2. Not including breaks.
How Easy Will It Be to Get a Job as a Registered Nurse?
You’re hard working and passionate about caring for others. We’re not saying it’ll be easy, but those characteristics can help you succeed as a registered nurse. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, thereshould be more opportunities for registered nurses with the education and desire to helpothers. In fact, they project the addition of about 439,300 jobs for registered nurses between 2014 and 2024. There are some great reasons for this growth, including:
An increased emphasis on preventative care, so more people are visiting health care facilities before they get sick to stay healthy.
- Chronic conditions such as diabetes and obesity are occurring at growing rates,meaning more people who need your help.
- Baby boomers are live longer and more active lives, and their demand for healthcare services continues to grow, which means an increased demand for those who can care for them.3
3. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Registered Nurses, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm (visited February 08, 2016).
Where can you work as a Registered Nurse?4
State, Local and Private Hospitals
Hospitals are probably the most recognizable places where registered nurses work. You’ll be responsible for patient care, working with physicians and the rest of the patients’ health care team to make sure they get the treatment they need.
Nursing Care Facilities
With a growing population of aging individuals, nursing care facilities continue to require the expertise of registered nurses to help their residents. Registered nurses here will help patients with day-to-day medical concerns and help treat illnesses or ailments.
Residential Care Facilities
In addition to helping our aging population, residential care facilities assist those with conditions requiring around the clock care. As a registered nurse at a residential care facility, you’ll be responsible for helping facilitate that treatment.
Physicians see many patients each day, and rely on registered nurses at their practices to assist them. Registered nurses in a physician’s office would be responsible for checking vital signs, administering vaccinations and communicating with the patient.
Home Health Care Services
Sometimes a patient needs extra assistance with a medical condition but prefers to stay in the comfort of their own home. You might be responsible for assisting with medication and answering any questions the patient has about their care.
Students get sick too, and many elementary, middle and high schools and even colleges and universities utilize the expertise of a registered nurse. You’ll be asked to see students complaining of minor ailments.
4. Individuals seeking to enter this career field may be subject to screenings such as, but not limited to, criminal background checks and drug/alcohol testing prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment, and throughout their careers.
Caring is Part of Who You Are. Turn that Compassion Into a Career.
- Apply the nursing process in caring for clients in a variety of clinical settings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication with patients and their families as well as other health care professionals.
- Demonstrate academic preparedness to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)5
5. Carrington College prepares students to take appropriate certification and licensure exams related to their individual majors. The College does not guarantee students will successfully pass these exams or be certified or licensed as a result of completing the program. Credential preparation varies by location.
Have questions? Chat now with a Representative
We just need to know your name to start your chat:
Our Promise to you
We promise your tuition won’t change through the length of your program. It’s our commitment to you. 6
6. Fixed Tuition Promise is available for all Carrington College students who remain active and in good standing during the duration of their program. Students who withdraw or are withdrawn from school and are not reinstated within 180 days of their last date of attendance are subject to a tuition increase. Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.