Once you receive your student ID – keep it handy! You’ll be surprised how many businesses offer student discounts, even if they don’t advertise them. Always ask the magic question before you shop/eat/purchase – “Do you offer a student discount?”
What’s the worst that can happen? All they can say is “no”, but you might find yourself saving 5%, 10% or 20% – or even getting some free fries!
- Apple® – Save up to $200 on a new Mac® and up to $20 on a new iPad® at the Apple Store for Education. This pricing is available to college students, those going to college, and to parents buying a product for a student off to college. Also available for college faculty and staff members.
- Dell – Members of the Dell Advantage Loyalty Program (free to join) receive a free Dell Venue 7 3000 Series tablet with the purchase of select PCs $699 or more. Members also get an automatic 5% back in rewards on all purchases.
- Spotify® – Study better with music? Create your own student playlist with Spotify Premium for under $5 a month, a saving of $5 a month.
MOVIES & ENTERTAINMENT
- AMC Theatres – Your student ID can score you reduced ticket prices at select AMC theatres on Thursdays.
- Cinemark – Save on admission with your student ID. Student discount days and times vary at participating Cinemark locations, so check with your nearest venue first.
- Harkins Theatres – Flash your student ID at Harkins Theatres for discounted admission. Specific pricing for each location is available on the Theatre Detail page.
- Regal Cinemas – Save a king’s ransom (or at least a decent %) at Regal Cinemas with your student ID. Participating locations offer discounts at different times and days, so check the one nearest you for details.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- 24 Hour Fitness – Most locations have special student prices, but it does vary from gym to gym. Check with your local location for their student pricing policy.
- CorePower Yoga – If you live in CA, OR and TX, you may find yourself close to a CorePower Yoga Studio. If so, and yoga is your thing, you can save up to 25% off classes and memberships. Discounts vary by region.
CLOTHING & RETAIL
- Ann Taylor – Love Ann Taylor? Show your student ID card for 15% off any full-priced purchase at Ann Taylor stores.
- Banana Republic – Don’t slip up & forget your student ID. Students and teachers can get 15% off full-priced purchases.
- Barnes and Noble 1 – Use your ID to uncover a variety of discounts on new/used textbooks, and textbook rentals.
- Club Monaco – Score 20% off full-price & sale merchandise in stores and online for just showing your student ID.
- Goodwill – Your local Goodwill may offer student discounts, and may even hold Student Days. But their policy varies by store. Call your closest Goodwill and ask about their student discount.
- J. Crew – Students save 15% on regularly priced merchandise at J. Crew. Only good for in-store purchases.
- Madewell – Grab a 15% discount at all Madewell stores with your student ID card.
- The Limited – The Limited offers students 15% off every purchase at any location when you show your school ID.
OTHER GOOD STUFF
- Student Advantage (SA) Card – Buy an SA card ($22.50) to save at dozens of national brands & thousands of local businesses, including a saving of 20% on Greyhound unrestricted walk-up fares or online fares.
- FedEx – Use you student ID to save yourself 30% on a document with FedEx Envelop/Pak & 20% on a package with FedEx IP service.
- General Motors – Need a car? Need a deal? College students and recent grads can get access to a special discounted price that’s below the manufacturer’s suggested retail price on eligible new Chevrolet, Buick & GMC vehicles. You can also combine that discount with other current offers to save more money.
*All offers correct at time of writing, but subject to change by retailers at any time. Eligibility for each offer varies and is determined by the individual retailer and/or franchise owner. Always check amount of student discount before purchase.