According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the employment of Dental Assistants will grow 36 percent from 2008 to 2018, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.*
Dental Assistants are valuable members of a dental team because they:
- Assist chair-side during dental procedures and exams
- Execute a range of patient care, administration and laboratory tasks
- Perform coronal polishes
- Take radiographs
- Teach patients about oral healthcare
Our Dental Assisting program culminates in either a Certificate of Achievement or an Associate of Science degree; graduates are prepared to sit for national certification exams to earn the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) credential**.
Students at Carrington College:
- Learn patient preparation, charting, and office administration functions
- Gain hands-on experience through laboratory and classroom sessions
- Participate in a clinical externship in a real dental facility off campus
Our Dental Assisting program provides students with the training they need to help them succeed in a Dental Assisting career; the program is available at our Mesa, AZ, Phoenix, AZ, Tucson, AZ, Boise, ID, Albuquerque, NM, Portland, OR, and Spokane, WA campus locations.
Find out more about this program by talking to a Carrington College Enrollment Services Representative at 1.877.204.4718, or by visiting carrington.edu/cc/programs/dental-assisting/
For comprehensive consumer information, visit www.carrington.edu/cc/programs/dental-assisting
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 Ed.).
**Applicable to Boise campus only.
Program availability varies by location.